Am I Considered a Sankie ?

FuegoAzul21

Jun 28, 2004
I ve never been to sure of the meaning of the title , but i figure its better if the women on this thread can tell me . so here i go , Im Dominican , Im not Black , but Im not white (typical Dominican) , lets say me and a few Dominican friends of mine (both male and female,but friends) go to a resort for about a week .There i meet some attractive ,sociable, rather wealthy European Girl (English) , however im not that broke (i live in Jersey) .Anyways , lets say me and this girl have our fun for about three days .Does that make me a Sankie , one of my friends friend , said i was , but i wanted someone elses opinion.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Sankie Question

You'll know when you get there.
The hotel workers are professionals when it comes to sankifying European girls.
So unless you don't want to be laughed at, don't even try.

M'frog

bankbwoy

Mar 12, 2004
no not really

If you are collecting money and/or mentioning to her about sending it to Western Union then you can be. If you just do her then that doesn't make you one.....collect some items and you can be a possible or a sankie curious

A.J.

Jan 2, 2002
I second Larry - you are not a sankie.

You are a tourist who happens to be a dominican from jersey, looking for a good time. You may be able to hit player status, but sanky you miss out on.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
I agree...

..with A.J. ;)

A 'player' :bandit: ...maybe...But not a sankie... :eek:

Unless (since you mentioned in your post that she was wealthy) you plan to hit her for some money or the like if you stay in touch with her...

So, you still have a long way to make it to sankie status...although I find it hard to believe you'll ever achieve that, once Dominicans leave the island, and are able to fend for themselves, they lose the 'edge'! :nervous:

MQ

Where in Jersey do you live?

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
FuegoAzul21 said:
, Im not Black , but Im not white (typical Dominican) , im not that broke (i live in Jersey).
You are not sankie. All sankies are black and all are broke.
AZB

SafireDream

Jul 5, 2004
Not true of all Sankies!

AZB said:
AZB

I would have to disagree with you, AZB. I had an amusing time watching a sankie, who was a White Dominican, playing with the hearts of the English girls on the beach in Punta Cana. It was hilarious. You would have thought that it was the 2nd coming of The Beatles or something. He was in charge of parasailing and the catamarans on the beach. So not all sankies are black but they all are probably broke.

Just my 2 cents.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
SafireDream said:
I would have to disagree with you, AZB. I had an amusing time watching a sankie, who was a White Dominican, playing with the hearts of the English girls on the beach in Punta Cana. It was hilarious. You would have thought that it was the 2nd coming of The Beatles or something. He was in charge of parasailing and the catamarans on the beach. So not all sankies are black but they all are probably broke.

Just my 2 cents.
You got a point, so i will rephrase my answer: 99.99% of sankies are black but 100% are broke.

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
sankies are everywhere

AZB said:
You got a point, so i will rephrase my answer: 99.99% of sankies are black but 100% are broke.
Not all sankies are black, broke or Dominican for that matter. While living in the DR I met a few Expats who were sankies. They came from many different countries. They were living in the DR because it was cheap for them,they could pretend to be rich,they could live a free lifestyle and they could (try to)date rich tourists or expats. I have to admit that these men were not as good at the game as the Dominican men are.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
they cant be real sankies

dulce said:
Not all sankies are black, broke or Dominican for that matter. While living in the DR I met a few Expats who were sankies. They came from many different countries. They were living in the DR because it was cheap for them,they could pretend to be rich,they could live a free lifestyle and they could (try to)date rich tourists or expats. I have to admit that these men were not as good at the game as the Dominican men are.

They were just players, not calling for money after the lady leaves, no sick family, no new moto, nah just players

stormer

Apr 27, 2004
Lol!!!

AZB said:
AZB

How black are we talking? I have seen many semi-dark sankies!!! LOL....

Oche

Jan 6, 2004
AZB, you left out something about the sankies, most of them do not have the education enough to post on a internet forum. I mean they barely can read and write in spanish, who would think they would ever post on a dr1 forum? that will the be the day when you see a boca chica or sosua sankie posting, and i mean a TRUE sankie, beach sankie, AI sankie or whatever you wish to call it.

germish

Oct 22, 2004
dulce said:

Excellent, there is hope for me yet. I'm white, canadian, multi-lingual, educated and relatively un-geezer-like (under 40). Can I be a sankie too please?

germish

Oct 22, 2004
AZB said:

I love this guy! In a platonic, straight-guy, humorous, I wannabe a player like when I was in my twenties kinda way.

FuegoAzul21

Jun 28, 2004
thank you

i feel better now , becuase i hate adhearing to stereotypes ( i bet nobody does)and for the person who asked me where i live , i reside in Union city and as an expat i feel just as confident as any other Dominicano when it comes to women ,lol

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Ben Dover said:
Excellent, there is hope for me yet. I'm white, canadian, multi-lingual, educated and relatively un-geezer-like (under 40). Can I be a sankie too please?
Sure you can be a sankie but you will need to study the Dominican sankies first if you want to be sucessful. They are the best at the game and have it down to a science. I do not know you personally but I can tell you have a great sense of humor. With that said, may I suggest that for you with a name like Ben Dover you target the male clients. Good Luck