Coral Marien Vs. Iberostar

paradise

Oct 18, 2004
I've read all the resort reviews on DR1, Debbie's Dominican, and Trip Adviser, but I still can't make up my mind between the Coral Marien and Iberostar Costa Dorado,(prices are almost identical). I like that the Coral Marien is a bit smaller, but it sounds like there are more amentites and activities at Iberostar. We like to have things to keep us entertained, but also like to be able to relax. Divorced Mom traveling with teen daughter. Will be there for 2 weeks. Which one would you choose?

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Flip a coin.

Both get consistently good reviews.

Have been to ICD - booked at CM in April '05.

Gregg
Debbie's Dominican Travel Forums

jimbo1965

Jun 10, 2004
I ask this question sometime ago. Most people who stayed at both said that if the price was equal that the ICD would be the slightly better choice. Since the price was equal I booked at the ICD for next April.

Jim

DMAO

Oct 30, 2004
CM is better

My mother went to a wedding at CM and she loved it there. She said there was always activities but you were'nt hunted to join them. Every night there was a show and a club you can dance at. Your usual all inclusive stuff like Buffet and endless liquor. You eat and drink from the moment you arrive. She gave the bell boy her luggage to take to her room, and she sat down to eat and drink. There's also a restaurant I believe its Mexican. Their hospitality was great. You are treated like royalty. Everyone greeted you with a Senor or Senorita. The room was nice. She says it was very clean and had ice cold air conditioning you controlled. It had a fridge with water, which was always replenished. She did'nt go to the beach. She said the entire hotel was beautiful and very clean. You'll have a great time there. You will party and rest all you want. Hey, you can even get lost from your daughter if you want some solace like my mom did. She ate this huge plate of sancocho for lunch, and went to rest at the pool. She never told the rest of the wedding crew anything. They were serching for her for two hours. Even got security to open up her room to see if maybe she was sick. The searched for her through the entire hotel and found her snoring by the pool. Can you believe this! Hey, she did tell them she was going to go to DR not just for the wedding, but to get some rest. And she sure did. :cool: