I am back: Lesson learned

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
After three complete days away from the internet, I learned that I still love Judo and table Tennis, and that I still have a bunch of friends in these areas. I also found out that my grandson like to do this stuff, too.

Perhaps most important, and something for a bunch of you out there in Internetlando, is that I learned that Yahoo Companion--not the IM service mind you-can interfere with IE-6...

That was what messed up my access to the internet.

So, now I am back and happy to be here.

Golf this weekend with a "friend" most likely to Jarabacoa...

Has anyone noticed that there have been very few calls to reduce taxes here, even when Cocco (head of Customs) announced that he had found about $50 billion pesos in uncollected duties??? Weird place, huh?

Anyone read the Diario Libre today? One of the best columns in decades.

Even the translation in the DR! News, if you know how to "understand" bomb, is hilarious.

Be kind people, life is short...

HB :D:D:D

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Welcome back Big Man. Sorry you had IE-6 problems ... did the system keep freezing on you? She who must be Obeyed gets that with w 98 now that she has downloaded Yahoo for messaging!!

Please confirm Sunday & what time as soon as possible. If 'NO' I will go to gym & then to practice area at PD!! ~ Grahame.

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Firefox rules!!!

Hey Hillbilly, go on over to Mozilla.com and download Firefox, you will find your browsing gets interupted by hijackings, stupid errors, and etc. type things much less frequently.

Firefox is 100% DR1 compatible and seems to use alot less of your machine resources than IE does.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
I agree one hundred percent with the last poster. Get Mozilla Firefox and you will never use IE again.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Me too! Been using it on the PC and Mac for a 2-3 months now. Love some of the extensions you can add.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Many thank yous

I really appreciate this good info and will cautiously proceed to get the Firefox...

Very appreciative,

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
OK Luis - that does it!

You never told me about Judo any of the times we met.

Now I have to come to Santiago for a day in April (we're at Coral Marien from April 15 - 29).

I'll be in touch a couple of week before we arrive. Now I have to tell Giselle that she has one less day on the beach - Oh well I've done it before.

Gregg
Ikkyu from another life
(Brown belt for those who don't know).

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Fireguy, I plan to be in Sosua sometime in April, not sure how long I'll stay. Being a fellow Canadian, I'd love to meet up with you! I'll be in touch closer to the time. I also plan on showing my boys off at the Hillbilly Haven, so maybe we can all make a night of it!

HB, welcome back, we missed you!

Last edited:

FireGuy

Rest in peace Amigo!
Aug 21, 2002
www.polaris-fs.com
Count on it Trina.

trina said:
Fireguy, I plan to be in Sosua sometime in April, not sure how long I'll stay. Being a fellow Canadian, I'd love to meet up with you! I'll be in touch closer to the time. I also plan on showing my boys off at the Hillbilly Haven, so maybe we can all make a night of it!

Drop me an e-mail at gandrews@accesswave.ca so I have your address and I will be sure to contact you two or three weeks before we leave.

Gregg

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Hillbilly said:
I really appreciate this good info and will cautiously proceed to get the Firefox...

Very appreciative,

Don't cautiously proceed, run headlong into a 'better browsing experience'... that's free! as all sofware should be... The sooner the better!