Catholic baptizing of baby in Sosua - ph# to Church?

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
As many of you know, I am due to give birth in February '05. Because our first son together was baptized here in Canada and has Canadian Godparents, we'd really like our next baby to be baptized in Sosua and have Dominican godparents. We'd like our children to experience as much of the Dominican culture as possible, even while living in Canada. I plan to be in Sosua around April, and we've already asked two of our very good friends and family members to be the Godparents. When Angel and I baptized Dominic in Canada, we had to attend classes. Since we've already attended the classes, I'm hoping we will only have to show our certificate as proof and not have to attend again.

However, I'm a little concerned about whether or not I should be asking the Godparents to prepare for this. Rigoberto Castillo, the future Godfather, is Catholic but has never been a Godparent. Denny Burgos, the future Godmother, was raised Catholic but has since switched to Pentecostal, and has also never been a Godparent.

If anyone has ever been through a similar experience, please let me know. If not, if anyone has the number to the Parish in Charamicos, I'd greatly appreciate it. It may be best to talk to the Priest directly.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Here you are:

Remember, your Pentacostal guy must swear before God that the child will be raised a Catholic. Can he do this and keep faith with his new religion?
The other guy has to take a class. It is about three hours long. Have him do it now.

The number for the San Antonio de Padua parrish is the following: 571 3390

Have your local parrish priest write a letter to the one in Sosua and your certs will be validated, I/m sure.

You haven't been watching much TV lately, huh?? :D

HB

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Yeah, yeah, I know. If I didn't baptize my children, my mother would discommunicate me from the family and find a way to get it done anyways! Denny is actually a lady, and she was raised Catholic all her life. I'm going to talk to her more about it and make sure she really is comfortable with it. You know what they say about lightning and Churches... ;)

On another note, really hope to visit with you and your family this time around!

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
trina said:
Yeah, yeah, I know. If I didn't baptize my children, my mother would discommunicate me from the family and find a way to get it done anyways! Denny is actually a lady, and she was raised Catholic all her life. I'm going to talk to her more about it and make sure she really is comfortable with it. You know what they say about lightning and Churches... ;)

On another note, really hope to visit with you and your family this time around!

Almost forgot to thank you for the info and the number! Thanks again!