Can I make a public announcement?

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
To the real big man out there who keeps cutting the cable TV connection to La Mulata III.

1) If you're such a big "man" then why sneak around in the bushes at two in the morning?

2) Do you realise that the cable company just keep coming back and fixing the break for free, even when you were sad enough to remove a twelve foot section?

3) What have I done to you? Do you know who you are affecting with your stupid immature attitude?

My neighbours and I are trying to build a community. We have made huge in-roads in the last eight months and consequently our community has become multi-lingual, mixed and safe, - something that we are all proud of. Your feeble, pathetic, oh-so-very pathetic actions are only likely to set back the work of all of us. I have to conclude that you are jealous, you don't have what we have; the makings of something good like we do, and so you choose to smash it up because you can't have it for yourself.

You will never "win" - most of us are British and it is in our nature to simply get on with life. Throw down obstacles and we will just go around them.

Can I suggest therapy? If you want to talk about it, if I can help you in any way, you know that both Nicky and I will always open our door to you, and if we can help you then we will be there for you.

Simon

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Why don't you just leave a trap in the bushes for him? One of those big clamps with the teeth that they use to catch bears here in the USA would suffice. Just make sure everyone who has authorized access to the area knows about the trap. God forbid someones child would wander into it. Lay it at dusk and collect it in the morning. His cable cutting days will quickly come to an end. Don't get mad, get even!

Larry

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Do you know who it is, Simon?
PM me if you need the 'heavies' ;) I have to assume that it is likely to be someone who reads this board, otherwise you would not have posted it here.

Kaizen68

Aug 25, 2004
Simon & Nicky said:
To the real big man out there who keeps cutting the cable TV connection to La Mulata III.

1) If you're such a big "man" then why sneak around in the bushes at two in the morning?

2) Do you realise that the cable company just keep coming back and fixing the break for free, even when you were sad enough to remove a twelve foot section?

3) What have I done to you? Do you know who you are affecting with your stupid immature attitude?

My neighbours and I are trying to build a community. We have made huge in-roads in the last eight months and consequently our community has become multi-lingual, mixed and safe, - something that we are all proud of. Your feeble, pathetic, oh-so-very pathetic actions are only likely to set back the work of all of us. I have to conclude that you are jealous, you don't have what we have; the makings of something good like we do, and so you choose to smash it up because you can't have it for yourself.

You will never "win" - most of us are British and it is in our nature to simply get on with life. Throw down obstacles and we will just go around them.

Can I suggest therapy? If you want to talk about it, if I can help you in any way, you know that both Nicky and I will always open our door to you, and if we can help you then we will be there for you.

Simon

lol...
This stuff sounds like a barrio in la capital...
funny...aanoying, but funny...

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Solution:

step 1:
Get a satellite dish, dual LNB and forget you ever humiliated yourself by watching local calble.

step 2:
run high-voltage electrical current through a cable that looks like the one that's been getting cut.

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
Try this!

Have you ever thought of recording this?. Get a Camcorder that has "night light". That person will never know that he/she is being recorded. Try it.

germish

Oct 22, 2004
Simon's attitude

Simon's answer is the best approach. Life is full of obstacles and full of idiots that put them there needlessly. The cable-cutter's actions are not a health-risk or dangerous, merely an annoyance.

Assuming his identity is known, and that "Cutter-Boy" reads DR1, I must say that a sarcastic "I can help you even though you are a pathetic loser" comment is effective. Retorts like that have worked for me in the past and when people like "cable-boy" see that their actions have no effect; that they are in fact pitied, people like that often give up and move on to a new hobby.

On the other hand, if the identity of "Cutter-Boy" is unknown, then leaving traps and getting even may escalate the issue from a mere annoyance to something with consequence. For now, his actions cost Simon no money and harm no one's health. Let it be...he'll get bored eventually and move on.

If "Cutter-Boy" escalates on his own however, and his actions cost $$ to fix or could harm someone, then shoot him in the scrotum, take pictures while he bleeds and laugh while he screams. ;)

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Ben,
Do I take it from your last sentence that you have a military background? If you are interested in some work as a trainer/teacher of current 'techniques', let me know. Always good to have a trained workforce.
And don't worry about Simon. He has some, shall we say..........insurance. ;)

germish

Oct 22, 2004
Lambada said:
Ben,
Do I take it from your last sentence that you have a military background? If you are interested in some work as a trainer/teacher of current 'techniques', let me know. Always good to have a trained workforce.
And don't worry about Simon. He has some, shall we say..........insurance. ;)
No military experience of that nature. Just a cruel sense of humour ;)

germish

Oct 22, 2004
jcarn said:
two words.

LAND MINES

;)

Oh Gawd no! That will wake the neighbors and disrupt the community more than cable cuts. May I suggest well placed snares made of piano wire?