Granite for 180,000 pesos?

Surfnut

Sep 15, 2004
Just want to get a litmus test on this one... We are putting a granite countertop in our kitchen. The dimensions are approximately 7ft X 3ft and another counter that's 6ft X 2ft. I don't know the manufacturer of the granite so that could be our problem but we are open to any granite as long as it is light beige/yellow in color. 180,000 pesos seems expensive even though it includes delivery and installation.

Your thoughts?

Also, if it is in fact this expensive can anyone suggest an alternative - perhaps indigenous stone?

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I'm also interested in knowing the answer to this question, as I'll be putting one up in my kitchen in a near future.

Barnabe

Dec 20, 2002
At 180 USD a sqft, you may hope the granite will be non porous and/or properly sealed... 6000 US in countertops, you must definitely have a nice kitchen.

Barnab?

DRshooter

Apr 23, 2004
Surfnut said:
Just want to get a litmus test on this one... We are putting a granite countertop in our kitchen. The dimensions are approximately 7ft X 3ft and another counter that's 6ft X 2ft. I don't know the manufacturer of the granite so that could be our problem but we are open to any granite as long as it is light beige/yellow in color. 180,000 pesos seems expensive even though it includes delivery and installation.

Your thoughts?

Also, if it is in fact this expensive can anyone suggest an alternative - perhaps indigenous stone?
Who are you buying from???

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I think you had better call

Minnicucci in Santiago and get a quote from them

That is a ridiculously expensive countertop for something that will be damaged by cleaning in a couple of years.

There are places in Santo Domingo that have really beautiful countertops for a lot less than that. Look in the Ritmo Social magazine of last Saturday's Listin Diario for ideas..

Sheesh, thar's one born every day.....

HB, anti-rippoff guru