Falafel lovers please note

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I seem to have food on the brain lately going by the threads I've been starting.

If you are a fan of falafel, the folks who run the S-Bar "Rey del Falafel" on Calle Billini in the Colonial Zone have opened a new branch on the other side of town. It is also the location of the pitta bakery that supplies the falafel places, and is by far the best pitta bread in the DR.

Conveniently located near the Chirimoya mansion, the address is Calle Jose Amado Soler 47, between Ave. Lincoln and Lope de Vega.

"bete'avon!"

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Yabadabadooooooo!!! Great news! I won't have to drive across town anymore to get my favorite! Thanks for the note!

gatoazul

Aug 24, 2004
Chirimoya, you are the best!!!

Thank you so much for the info. I love falafel and I stay very near when I'm at Sto. Dgo.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Hey Ben, how's Phil? :laugh:

They are planning to introduce shawarma at some stage, but I won't be sampling it myself. Last time I had shawarma was almost 30 years ago :eek: and although it was delicious, it made me very sick. I'll report back on the other stuff, but so far it's not part of the menu.

germish

Oct 22, 2004
Chirimoya said:

They are planning to introduce shawarma at some stage, but I won't be sampling it myself. Last time I had shawarma was almost 30 years ago :eek: and although it was delicious, it made me very sick. I'll report back on the other stuff, but so far it's not part of the menu.

:confused: Phil? What entertainment icon am I showing ignorance of?

germish

Oct 22, 2004
Chirimoya said:

Or do you mean Phil McCracken?