Lipo death in DR

mobrouser

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
is there any possibility the embollism was related to her airplane flight to RD? is that something that could be determined by autopsy?

mob

Talldrink

El Mujeron
Jan 7, 2004
I knew this lady, she lived in Newark, NJ. She went to get a fibroid (fibroma) removed. She also went for an "all-in-one" procedure (which means that it should have been done about 2 or 3 sessions because of the severity. Now, tell me, A QUIEN LE CABE HACERSE UNA CIRUGIA ESTETICA WHEN YOU ARE SICK!!

Why in the world would you cosider getting plastic surgery with a doctor that is removing your fibroid? Why would you get elective surgery when you are sick? How can you trust a doctor that is ok with doing that in the first place?? It doenst make sense.

This doctor is one the "Hermanos del Matadero" that do not even have their doctor's licenses in DR anymore because of the deaths and spread of infections in their clinic. Meanwhile, they are still practicing and of course still making money from these fools who actually look for a discount when putting their lives at risk. If they would even ask around to ANYONE in DR walking the streets and ask about these two doctors, they will be told of the atrocities that have gone on there. But why not get a Swan Makeover for $1,000 - it all makes sense - NOT!!

On another note, this does not mean that all doctors in DR are bad. In fact, there are many more good stories than bad. All the women that have died, have all gone to questionable doctors that do it all very cheap. The article mentioned that 6 women that have died in the last 6 years (Al menos otras seis mujeres han muerto en los ?ltimos seis a?os, luego de venir desde Estados Unidos o Puerto Rico, para practicarse cirug?a est?tica.) Since there are women going down to DR in tour buses for surgery, 6 does not sound so bad after all - considering the numbers. I do understand the sanctitiy of life, one is one too many...

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
For those who have access, check out the dr1 daily news archives back to 1999 (April and May). The scandals around Edgar Contreras and his brother Juan Francisco Contreras were covered.

A search of his name under Google shows this link to DR1 back then:

http://www.dr1.com/news/1999/dnews041299.shtml

We insist anyone considering plastic surgery here, should use the services of one of the members of the Dominican Society of Plastic Surgeons.

Jozee74

Sep 3, 2004
I have called many plastic surgeons in the D.R. all of them members of the Dominican Society of Plastic Surgery and 90% told me that the maximum amount of fat extracted from the body should only be 3 liters per session and it should be done in a limited length of time.

The lady was under the knife for almost 8 hours and having a full body makeover, sorry to say but her ignorance caused her her death.

These are people that go to the D.R for 2 weeks and want to come back 5 sizes smaller, they need to understand if they wont do it in the U.S because of health risk then you shouldnt get it done in the D.R just because one doctor says yes.