expats-help me!!!!

britishgirl

Aug 28, 2004
Hey to all the Expats living in the Dominican Republic, I need your help, I have been instructed by my papa to ask you lot of expats(he's not good with the internet), to ask what life is like the DR LIVING there permanetly. We have been 3 times this year, next month we will have to go back to Sosua to finalise the deal on buying the house there ready for moving there and becominig official Dominican Residents(excited-lol). Anyway I'd be very grateful if you could tell me about life there and if you have and if you have any regrets on moving there. Thankyou!!! ;)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
It sounds like you are already past the point of wondering whether moving here permanently is the best thing for you. We usually advise people not to burn their bridges until after renting here for a few months to see if you like living here.

I've been here 18 years and have no regrets. But it is different in many ways from what you are used to, and it isn't for everyone.

You question is so broad that it isn't going to net your father the sort of information he is looking for. Best thing to do is to make use of the voluminous archives. Click on "Search", then enter the topic you are interested in. All the threads that dealt with that topic will be listed for you.

britishgirl

Aug 28, 2004
Ken said:
It sounds like you are already past the point of wondering whether moving here permanently is the best thing for you. We usually advise people not to burn their bridges until after renting here for a few months to see if you like living here.

I've been here 18 years and have no regrets. But it is different in many ways from what you are used to, and it isn't for everyone.

You question is so broad that it isn't going to net your father the sort of information he is looking for. Best thing to do is to make use of the voluminous archives. Click on "Search", then enter the topic you are interested in. All the threads that dealt with that topic will be listed for you.

ok, thanks anyways!!! ;)