Travel Restrictions

cruiser

Nov 11, 2004
Hi, maybe someone here can help, a bunch of us are planning a trip to DR in April 2005, we are from Canada, the trips are booked and paid for. It has recently came to one of my companians knowledge that once you have record it stays with you. He was a young offender at the time and did not re-offend. He believes the charges were dismissed because he never paid any fines or did and community services. Will this restrict his entry into the Dominican Republic? Thanks for any help.
Cruiser

dmad

Jun 12, 2004
No Problem

Unless your going through the states your buddy will have no problem.
Cheers

cruiser

Nov 11, 2004
travel restrictions

Thanks dmad, do you know this from experience? :bandit: Does anyone else have anything that they can add to this? Thanks

dmad

Jun 12, 2004
No problem

Not to worry,when you arrive in the DR they hardly even look at your I.D. or passport.At least at POP and Punta Cana,I have never flown in to the other airports.Two weeks ago when I arrived they actually stamped my passport and tourist card July23 instead of Oct 23.I thought I might have troubles when I had to pay the departure tax but know one noticed.And No I don't have a record,but am positive your buddy will have no troubles.
Some one can correct me if I am wrong.

MoReNiTa GuApA

Oct 8, 2004
Y.O. record, my 2 cents

To my knowledge a young offender record is supressed once you turn 18 (assuming you friend is over that age) He shouldn't have a problem anyway.