Bahai Principe San Juan

Orville

Nov 11, 2004
Can anyone that has been to this resort give me their experiences. What should I be looking for? What are some tips you may have? What about the gilf course Playa Grande? Thanks

Chica7

Sep 27, 2004
Hope it helps,

Hello, I have been to Bahia Principe 2 this year and I am returning in 24 days, so I can honestly tell you that its a great hotel. The food is fantastic, and the service is phenomenal, the entertainment and activities never ending and really great, the staff the nicest I have ever met, overall its an amazing place to be, make sure that at night after the shows finish inside the theatre you walk out to Pueblo Principe, this is an entertainment district built at the entrance of the hotel because that is where the really great shows and entertainment begin. Almost everything is all inclusive 24 hrs. Now the only negative things about this hotel are 1) depending on the weather and time of year it is, their is a tendency for sandflies to vacate the hotels premises and they can get quite annoying with their hundreds of bites, and the beach is not white sand, its brownish golden sand, its still beautiful, but not the best beach I have seen in the Dominican Republic. These are however, miniscule details that will not stop you from having a great time. Now about Playa Grande golf course, I stayed at the Playa Grande Resort last year, this resort is built right in the middle of the golf course. I myself am not much of a golfer, but I can tell you that it is an absolutely stunning golf course situated at the bottom of lush, green mountains, on top of a cliff, over looking playa Grande Beach. Based on the reviews of the Golfers that played the course when I was their last year, I got a feeling that it was one of the best courses they had ever played. Also, the good thing is that it is only about 20 minutes away from Bahia Principe, and if I am not mistaken the hotel runs shuttels to the golf course. Also, make sure you get the chance to get out and see the towns and sights nearby there are some absolutely breathtaking views and beaches near the hotel, Playa Grande, Playa Caleton, Playa Diamante, Blue Lake in the town of Cabrera, Samana Peninsula and Paradise Island just off the coast of Samana. If you have any questions let me know and if you go have an amazing trip!