European Visa for a Dominican

JC171

Oct 20, 2002
Since a Shenghen Visa is valid for several European Nations..does anyone know which of these countries issues tourist visas for domincan the easiest?
Are Spain or France difficult?

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Im my humble opinion all have the same requirements. The Schengen treaty obligates them to have uniform standards to grant visas. If it is a matter of confort then the French consulate is your choice. The Italian consulate is the closest to a slaughterhouse that I've found and the Spanish is like the loony bin (too many people applying for visas).

A lot of Schengen countries don't have 'real' consulates here. And you also have to remember that you have to actually visit the country whose consulate you go for a visa.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
For Dominican what?

Did you forget the "s" and the capitol D?

You have a snowball's chance in he!! of getting a visa for any Dominican citizen that has not got a very well paying job, a solid bank account and significant property. They don't want and don't need more people living off the dole.

Of course you can have the person apply to the Spanish Consulate for a work visa, as they have an on-going program to provide a few hundred jobs for Dominicans each year. The jobs are in domestic service and other labor intensive areas. Pay is much better than comparable work in the DR. But then again, that is probably not the area your "friend" is accustomed to.

HB

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Yeah,
I heard there was a Domincan doctor working in a resort area in Wisconsin last summer as a life guard. The paper said he earned about $1,000.00 a month. He was probably here 3 months or less.
That might be a great way to go.
mkohn