Tuxedo Rentals in DR??

Nov 5, 2004
I am getting married in the DR (to a Dominican..I am Canadian) in February, 2005. And since he is now working so much to pay for the wedding, (and plus being as many Dominicans are very laid back, and sometimes take awhile to actually getting around to doing something), I thought I would ask for the expert advince and help here on the DR1 forum!!

Does anyone know of any good tuxedo rental shops..preferably in Puerto Plata, and surrouding area. If there is nothing suitable there..Santiago or Santo Dominigo loactions are fine.

Also, just so I know, does anyone have an idea on the price of the tuxedo rentals? One of my best friends from Canada who is coming and will be in the wedding party wants to know if he can save some $$ by renting down there. Since he will be gone over a week, it's fairly expensive to rent from Canada!!

Thanks for your help!!
p.s. (I hope I put this post in the right area..but I wasnt sure..)

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
PeachezNcream84 said:
No one has any idea about this???? :ermm:

There is a tuxedo rental shop on the Av. 27 de Febrero between Winston Churchill and Abraham Lincoln. It is easy to spot as it is a very big store about half way. Don't recall the name.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Dolores said:
There is a tuxedo rental shop on the Av. 27 de Febrero between Winston Churchill and Abraham Lincoln. It is easy to spot as it is a very big store about half way. Don't recall the name.

It is called Classic Elegance Boda
Av. 27 de Febrero 194A- Tel. 563-1666

If you check in the yellow pages, there are many ads for other placeds that rent tuxedos.

beth

Oct 30, 2004
i hired my Wedding dress out there, from a shop called illusion de novia in Santiago. the dress was beautiful and i know they rented tux's too.

the prices are extremely reasonable - i paid just under ?100 and that included my tiara and vail. i'd imagine that the tuxs are probably cheaper !

they were really helpful in there and it only takes about a hour from Puerto Plata.

good luck !

Nov 5, 2004
Thanks for your help everyone!

Ok! Thank you very much everyone for your help!!
It is greatly appreciated.
Although, I thought before I wasn't going to be able to go back before the wedding to get things sorted out, but it look now as if I may be going back in December for Christmas and New Years. Only one week..but that is better then nothing!! :)
So hopefully we will be able to go check this out while I am down there, that gives me at least one good place to start! So thanks again!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I was asked about this yesterday

And there are several places that can rent a tux, so if you get stuck, let me know.

HB