Price of Real Estate in Costambar

POPLady

Dec 30, 2003
Any idea of how the prices are for condos either for sale and/or rent? Are they going up or down? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Toronto2inDR

Jun 10, 2004
www.legendhomesnorthcoast.com
I know of a nice apartment for sale, the unit next-door to where I live, I don?t remember the exact price but I do recall that it sounded reasonable so I?ll check with the owner and let you know if you want. PM if interested.

Over all, this time of year is not the best to get a deal on real-estate in a place like Costambar because it?s the high season, everything for rent is booked up and people have illusions of rich, fat gringos coming down with more money then brains so the prices are generally high but there are always deal to be found.

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
Wait to Buy ! ! ! Summer is better ! ! !

I worked as a R E broker for a short time, in POP. Costambar has its pluses & minuses, matters of choice. R E is an extrely iliguid investment in the DR.
Think more @ the timing of your purchase. Dec. to May each year is the worst time to buy; the best time to look & kick tires.
My suggestions: look at many, take lots of notes [extemely important] & photos; let it be known that you have CASH!!
"Bullshit walks, money talks" [Warren Buffett].
Let the brokers you see know you have CASH. Follow up on what you like in April. Ask for a copy of the titulo for any house you are seriously interested in. No copy of the titulo available? Walk away as fast as you can!
Keep your ears to the ground; there is always an unexpected death, divorce, or radical changes in circumtances.
Return in July - August - for some serious shopping. Email all of the brokers taht you are returning, probably to buy. When you see what you like, consider a written appraisal [ @ $150.; @ 1 week]; then offer 65% of the asking price; & 10% down, seller to take back financing. It should get the process started. Be extremely patient. CASH is king!! Good hunting.