Thanksgiving! La Vega? Bonda?

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
A few years ago I attended a Thansgiving religious service & enjoyed a turkey dinner, both on Thanksgiving day. The sponsor was an Amerian Christian missionary group, centered in Santiago; there was a Christian youth camp in Bonao [I think; not sure] where the dinner was actually held. I got the impression it was an annual Thanksgiving event. I've heard nothing of this in recent years? Any info? Thank you.
a traditonal American, wanting to give many thanks, & lusting for turkey on the 4th Thursday, every November!!

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
Escott said:
I have an annual Turkey dinner in Sosua every year. There is a thread in the Living section if you are interested in joining us. Had about 150 people last year and probably close to 100 Dr1'ers.

Scott

I attended it last year, knew about 10 people there, met another 5. It was a nice time, I was stuffed when it was over? Or was it the X Mas dinner, well it was great.

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
Thanksgiving - Sosua - afternoon?? Not at night?

Escott, I attended this dinner in 2002, I think. It was a great time. Very nice people.
Problem area: driving @ night. I live in POP; I'm a senior citizen. I'm at the metallic age - I have silver in my hair, gold in my teeth, & lead in my ***!!
I don't like driving @ night in this country. Driving from Sosua to POP @ 9:00 PM after a few drinks d can be a nasty adventure. Why not schedule this dinrer @ 4;00 or 5:00 PM. Thans for all us octagenerains from outside of Sosua.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
gringosabroso said:
Escott, I attended this dinner in 2002, I think. It was a great time. Very nice people.
Problem area: driving @ night. I live in POP; I'm a senior citizen. I'm at the metallic age - I have silver in my hair, gold in my teeth, & lead in my ***!!
I don't like driving @ night in this country. Driving from Sosua to POP @ 9:00 PM after a few drinks d can be a nasty adventure. Why not schedule this dinrer @ 4;00 or 5:00 PM. Thans for all us octagenerains from outside of Sosua.

Sorry but I can't hold this back. I have to laugh when one person asks someone to adjust the scheduled time of one hundred and fifty people because it would be more convienent for him. Let's see, " Excuse me, I know you have been holding this dinner for a few years now at X time and that it is scheduled for next week at X time and that everyone attending had been planning their schedules around X time BUT I want to know if you would change it to Y time for me".

Why don't you either drink less at the dinner or arrange for a ride or pay for a cab instead of asking 150 people to work around YOU??

Larry

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"C'mon Larry,you will be "OLD' too someday!

And don't forget that turkey has high levels of "Triptothane"sp? that makes people very sleepy.Also,we used to eat at about 2-3 pm in my house,maybe everyone would like to eat earlier! I thought you were "BROAD" minded!??? CCCCCCC ;)

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
gringosabroso said:
I actually like this idea and it is more traditional than the time I have it here. Make a deal with you. Make it this year at the late hour and I will adjust it for next year. Matter of fact I will do the Easter dinner earlier as well.

I also have silver in my hair, no teeth and lead in my arse! Hope you can make it.

Escott