Masonic Lodges

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
There is one in Puerto Plata, Calle Separacion, the end near the Malecon. Spanish speaking only I would guess, but very welcoming of foreign visitors I have directed there, I am told.

Jersey Devil

Bronze
Jul 5, 2002
Thank You

I appreciate your prompt replies.

I was thinking about joining but I tend to agree with Groucho Marx:

"I don't care to belong to a club that accepts people like me as members."

JD

Last edited:

Chris_NJ

Bronze
Dec 17, 2003
Almost every US president (I think with the exception of those who were assinated) and most influential people have been masons.

Does the same hold true in DR?

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Cris Colon has no sense of humor, la la di daa...

Masonic lodges tend to be nothing much more than self-help groups, much like the 'School-and-Crossbow', of Yale repute ;-). 'The vestment does not make the monk', as an old saying goes. Juan Pablo Duarte was a freemason, but most of his lodge here in the DR double-crossed him. So he moved to Venezuela, where he joined a Lodge in a small village called San Fernando de Apure, where he married an indian woman and had many children, and for almost two decades lived mostly from a business of buying and selling heron feathers for pillows and other stuffings. He died there.

Also, Trujillo was freemason...

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
You know jack ****

Mirador,

First you were dumb enough to be tricked into a clandestine "Lodge" which had no connections to regular masonic bodies. Second, you did not even bother finding out where the real lodges are.

All I can tell you is that your kind will not make it even to the first degree of masonry in a regular lodge.

For your information : Trujillo was not a mason and Duarte was not double crossed by any member of the masonic society.

I am amused how much information you have amassed from your "Corner Lodge"

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
All I can tell you is that your kind will not make it even to

What 'kind' do you think I am, Mr. Pavan? ;-)

If anyone desires proof of my statements, they can contact me privately...

Just for the record, I was not tricked into a 'clandestine' lodge, actually the friend who invited me is a member of the Supreme Council 33? of the Dominican Republic.

My father, my grandfather (and maybe my great grandfather) were freemasons in the DR. My grandfather witnesses Trujillo's initiation as an entered apprentice.

I know for a fact that masonic archives and records were fixed to hide the fact of Duarte's contribution to DR freemasonry and the fact that he was double-crossed by Pedro Santana and others...

I know for a fact about Juan Pablo Duarte's life in Venezuela. I was born there, and Ive personally met descendants of Duarte who have never travelled to the Dominican Republic, but do know about their relative.

Mirador

Guatiao

El Leon de los Cacicazgos
Mar 27, 2004
Anymore Masons?

Anymore masons on DR1 who would like to share there experience? Any other famous Dominican freemason? I already knew about Duarte but Trujillo is new to me, it doesn't seem like Trujillo, masons have different rules and morals.
At first I became interested because of all the bs hype around them, now am interested in Freemasonary because of their values; faith, charity, brotherhood and leadership. Also I found it quite weird that all the founding fathers in the USA were Freemasons, DR founding fathers (JPD & others) were also Freemasons, and numerous other countries founding fathers.

Capo

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I Don't Need To Defend FreeMasonry,I would like to point out that

It is a Fraternal Society,that has evolved into one of the most charitable organizations in the World.Most work is done discreetly,but the most well known is the work of the "Shriners",the "visable" charity of Masons.They raise over 5 million dollars a DAY!!!! to operate the many US Shrine Hospitals for burned and crippled children,(who receive all their care free of charge!)
There are 13 lodges in the DR,and a "Shrine Club" in Santo Domingo.Many Dominican Children are sent to the US Shrine Hospitals for free treatment.
There is a movie coming out Saturday,starring Nicolas Cage,regarding a "Treasure" supposedly hidden my some of the USA's "Founding Fathers",Masons ALL! I'm sure it will only contribute to the bogus "Mythology"that surrounds "Free Masonry",propogated by thosse who really don't have a "CLUE"!CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC
<"Insert The Secret Word Now..........For a SPECIAL MESSAGE"!>

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Freemasonry, like any other institution is different in every country. You cannot compare US freemasonry with DR freemasonry. Freemasonry in the DR is not particularly known for outstanding charity work. Freemasonry in the DR, since its inception early in the 19th Century, has been heavily politicized (one of the first lodges was in my hometown of Azua, the 'Parfaite Harmonie No: 18' (Or.?.du Port-au-Prince)), and just as in politics, treachery has been the rule rather than the exception.

Mirador

RHM

Doctor of Diplomacy
Sep 23, 2002
www.thecandidacy.com
It's really pretty simple...

Mirador said:
Freemasonry, like any other institution is different in every country. You cannot compare US freemasonry with DR freemasonry. Freemasonry in the DR is not particularly known for outstanding charity work. Freemasonry in the DR, since its inception early in the 19th Century, has been heavily politicized (one of the first lodges was in my hometown of Azua, the 'Parfaite Harmonie No: 18' (Or.?.du Port-au-Prince)), and just as in politics, treachery has been the rule rather than the exception.

Mirador

Cris Colon nails it again.

I have been a Mason for over 12 years (32nd degree in the Scottish Rite, Knight Templar in the York Rite and a Shriner). Freemasonry is the oldest fraternal organization in the world and focuses on charity, brotherhood etc.

In North America alone, 2 million dollars a day are given to worthy causes including children's hospitals (including the Children's Burn Center in Boston where I first affiliated and Dyslexia Centers around the globe).

It is true that there are probably different Masonic cultures around the world , but I have been active in the DR for a year now and have met nothing but gentlemen and great, extremely humble people.

There is a certain amount of "mysticism" and "ritual" that goes with it, as with most fraternities, but the organization on the whole is full of good people. Obviously, we are not without our detractors but Shakespeare said it best..."Those who know do not speak, and those who speak do not know."

RHM

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Makes me wonder why with so many fine, valuable and reputable organizations in the DR, such as the Rotary Club, the Jaycees, the Lion's, and many others, would someone want to join such a questionable organization as a DR freemasonry lodge?

Mirador

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
I want to see some black and white cite that Trujillo was a Mason. Duarte was no secret, but this is the first time and you're the first person that I ever heard with that.

Something from a book or even a reputable website would do. Thanks.

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
I want to see some black and white cite that Trujillo was a Mason...Something from a book or even a reputable website would do.

You will not find it in any history book or website, because after Trujillo's assassination people systematically expurged any record that suggested their collaboration with the regime. For a sampler, just go to the National Archives and see for yourself the mess they've done with the records of that time period.

At the beginning of the regime (La Era) my father had a close personal friendship with Trujillo, and they both were initiated in freemasonry in the Logia La Paz No. 7, the year was 1930, days before hurricane San Zen?n, the same lodge I was initiated fifty years later. My father is 98 years old, he's in good health for his age, with complete use of his mental faculties. He has lived abroad most of his life, and is currently in Spain. I'm sure he can vouch for this and other stories not in the 'official' books or 'reputable websites'. If you want his phone number, you can contact me privately.

Mirador

Mirador

On Permanent Vacation!
Apr 15, 2004
Let me add a little background on my father. After falling out with Trujillo early in the regime, my father has led a very independent life. He's travelled extensively, and at one point taught in the University of Notre Dame a course on Hispanic Civilization, where he was part of the team that trained the first batch of Peace Corp Volunteers during the Kennedy Administration. My father has never held a post or received any favors from any government. Except my mother, with whom which he's been married for over sixty years, she was Juan Bosch's private secretary during his brief seven month administration. She could write a book, but she hasen't and won't, and many fear more what she would say than setting the record straight.

Mirador