Didn't Realize I Was Missed

jmaz98

Sep 25, 2003
"Hello jmaz98 it appears that you have not posted on our forums for a while, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums."

I have to admit I was a little uneasy at first when I saw the above. Big Brother has infiltrated DR1. :classic:

LuvtheDR

Apr 4, 2004
Whew!!

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that got that message!! I was a little uneasy at first too! :nervous:

TERRY

Feb 1, 2002
LuvtheDR said:
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that got that message!! I was a little uneasy at first too! :nervous:
I received the same message, but i'm wondering how long is "a while" my previous post was on the 27th of October.
Terry.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
It sounds like a very good marketing strategy to me.

jmaz98 said:
"Hello jmaz98 it appears that you have not posted on our forums for a while, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums."

I have to admit I was a little uneasy at first when I saw the above. Big Brother has infiltrated DR1. :classic:

The competition is coming on very strong and if you snozze you lose your #1 status and you become dr2, I think its a good move on the powers that be.

Gringo

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
hahaha what competition? There isn't another board with the amount of postings this one gets by more than four people:) There isn't another board that provides 1/4 of the content or expertise. There isn't another board that has helped 1/100th of the people that have been helped here no matter how they try to drive the traffic off:)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
What Escott said and...

I'm not sure about big brother, maybe little sister, hahaha :)

Yes, we have been tweaking some backend stuff on the board.
Stuff that gives us more time to do other stuff.

Still have to get the timing right, but we are working on it ;)

lilsam

Santo Domingo Sammy
Jan 2, 2002
Me too I got message and I posted couple weeks ago even thoug big bro robert is correct I hadnt been around posting for I while>>>>>>>

lizzyjl80

Jun 16, 2004
I Have A Feeling It May Have A Little To Do With..............

do any of you guys think this may have something to do with a certain post about things being boring in DR1 lately?

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
lizzyjl80 said:
do any of you guys think this may have something to do with a certain post about things being boring in DR1 lately?

And how would this make DR1 less boring?
I urge people to go find other sites if DR1 is so boring.
Email or PM me and I'll even send you some links ;)

It's something that has been on the "to-do" list for a long time.
Now we have got around to activating it 100%.
We have had auto reminders for non-active and non-registered posters for almost 6 months.

If you have any other conspiracy theories, please post them :)

Next?

calamardoazul

Jul 29, 2003
Thanks

Thought anyone would notice if one of the members stopped posting. I check DR1 daily and I like the forums a lot and I have to admit every time I read an asking-for-information-post I feel the urge to answer and help, but not even, I have put my fingertips on the keyboard...voila! Someone else answer brilliantly, so I'm posting only if I feel I could add something helpful. About the debates, there are so many heavy weights waiting someone to knock down that I prefer to watch from the ringside...only if I feel that I would post something that would help to clarify ideas or stuff I would post. Lately I've been a little busy...finishing my second major, attending customs legislation and international commerce classes...and working like a dog around the clock. :alien:

Victor Laszlo

Bronze
Aug 24, 2004
Did you read the fine print?

From: DR1 Terms and Conditions, Volume III: General Posting Rules; Chapter 22, Section K, Subsection ii: (page 347)
Every poster is required to submit an Absolute Minimum of one (1) post per month. Any poster who fails to meet this quota will be immediately subject to penalties which include but are not limited to:

Harassment
Ridicule
Mysterious disappearance of family pets
Revocation of driver?s license
Unexplained cancellation of all forms of credit and insurance
Photographs (contrived if necessary) of drunken poster cavorting with sankies and/or putas to be mailed to posters spouse/SO, employer and clergy
Monetary fines not to exceed 15X poster?s annual gross income
Revocation of citizenship
Clues identifying poster to be left at various crime scenes
Confiscation of first-born child (if any)
Physical persuasion as necessary

Oh, and don?t even think about trying to quit. We know where you live.

:classic: Have a Nice Day! :classic:

DR1

El Viejo

Jan 2, 2002
Alright

Victor Laszlo said:
From: DR1 Terms and Conditions, Volume III: General Posting Rules; Chapter 22, Section K, Subsection ii: (page 347)
Every poster is required to submit an Absolute Minimum of one (1) post per month. Any poster who fails to meet this quota will be immediately subject to penalties which include but are not limited to:

Harassment
Ridicule
Mysterious disappearance of family pets
Revocation of driver?s license
Unexplained cancellation of all forms of credit and insurance
Photographs (contrived if necessary) of drunken poster cavorting with sankies and/or putas to be mailed to posters spouse/SO, employer and clergy
Monetary fines not to exceed 15X poster?s annual gross income
Revocation of citizenship
Clues identifying poster to be left at various crime scenes
Physical persuasion as necessary

DR1

OK here's my monthly post. Rick aka. El Viejo

trishdeyar

Oct 16, 2002
www.hiddenhilltop.com
Victor Laszlo said:

DR1

I need an address ;)

calamardoazul

Jul 29, 2003
Here we go again!!!!!

"Hello calamardoazul it appears that you have not posted on our forums for a while, why not take a few moments to ask a question, help provide a solution or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our forums. "

There is the message again, oh my gosh!...I've been so posting-lazy....sorry!!!