Santiago accomodation recommendations?

CorletoLovesDR

Jul 8, 2002
Hello,

Me and my family will spend the Thanksgiving weekend in Santiago. We will be arriving to STI airport on 11/24 around midnight. From there, we will take a taxi to a Santiago hotel. We will sleep just one night there and then will go to Jarabacoa on the 25th in the morning.

Could anyone please recommend a hotel where we could stay just for one night, that is located near the route that the public buses take to go to La Vega?

We are looking for a budget and decent hotel, like on the US$20-US$30 per night range.

Thank you very much!

Hot Deals

May 13, 2004
www.hotdealsrentacar.com
Budget hotel in Santiago

I can recommend Hotel Colonial (247-3122,582-0211). Rates are $25-$30 USD per room. They'll give their rates in pesos (ballpark $733-850 pesos), once you calculate it at the exchange rate (recently 30 x 1 us)it'll be around $25-30 USD. This one is about 12 min. from the la vega bus route (located located near the Hollywood movie theatre.) taxi ride probably around $100 pesos

or try Hotel Matum (581-3107) near el Monumento. About 7 min taxi ride tom la vega bus route. taxi ride around $80

goodluck,
felix

Last edited by a moderator:

CorletoLovesDR

Jul 8, 2002
Thanks for the info!

Hello Hot Deals,

Thank you very much for providing this information. I will check out those hotels. The Matum sounds nicer, since it's right next to the Monumento.

Thanks again!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
For God's sake do not stay at the Matum!!

The last people that I spoke to had bed bugs!!

I would not stay there. Stay at the Colonial or at Aloha Sol, also in town.

809-583 0090

A small step up from Colonial. And I send a lot of people to the Colonial...

Taxis are 80 pesos anywhere you would be going. Call 581 3000 for a taxi

The 25th is just a normal day here in Santiago, so you won't have any problem finding taxis or buses.

Do you know how to get to Jarabacoa? By bus? from Santiago?

Cordially,

HB :D:D

gringosabroso

Oct 16, 2004
Santiago - Jarabacoa - Caribe Tours

Caribe Tours, a huge bus line, has buses from Santiago to La Vega, departing every hour; also, buses from La Vega to Jarabacoa, departing 4 times per day. Caribe's buses are clean, comfortable, w A/C. Much better than the local guaguas; only a few pesos more.

CorletoLovesDR

Jul 8, 2002
Thanks for the great info!

Hi

Thank you all for your advice. Thanks Hillbilly. I called the Colonial and I will stay there with my family. Yeah, I know how to get to Jarabacoa. I've been there before. I've gone there from the Capital. Someone told me that I can get there from La Vega very easily on public bus.

Thank you very much again!

Corleto
Hillbilly said:
The last people that I spoke to had bed bugs!!

I would not stay there. Stay at the Colonial or at Aloha Sol, also in town.

809-583 0090

A small step up from Colonial. And I send a lot of people to the Colonial...

Taxis are 80 pesos anywhere you would be going. Call 581 3000 for a taxi

The 25th is just a normal day here in Santiago, so you won't have any problem finding taxis or buses.

Do you know how to get to Jarabacoa? By bus? from Santiago?

Cordially,

HB :D:D