Sharks in the ocean

TorontoTourist

Nov 16, 2004
Going on vacation to DR in December and always felt fishy about swimming in the ocean w/ other large fish, need I worry about this, sharks or other creatures of the sea.

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
plenty of sharks in the ocean, here and everywhere else. The truth is that sharks are not interested in eating humans. If they were, no one could swim in the ocean anywhere, ever.

soooooo

come on in, the water is fine...

dogstar

Oct 24, 2004
coconuts

TorontoTourist said:
Going on vacation to DR in December and always felt fishy about swimming in the ocean w/ other large fish, need I worry about this, sharks or other creatures of the sea.
more people are killed by falling coconuts, worlwide, than by sharks

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Sharks in the Ocean

The only sharks that you should be on the look out for that I'm aware of are the Sankie's.....

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
TorontoTourist said:
Sharks are quite rare around here. I know dive instructors who have lived here for 5 years and have yet to see one.

tired_boy

Bronze
Dec 4, 2003
Torontotourist............ where are you going to be staying when you visit? I have been on a a few dives in the North of the DR and like rocky said.......even the divers dont see any sharks. I am not saying that it is impossible but i am just saying you dont need to worry.
You will have a darn good time in the DR and i am very jealous coz my 2 trips this year have exhausted my funds for quite a while ;)

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
sharks

They are referred to as :

"2 legged land sharks "

They are your only concern and come in the male and female varieties....

There are no problems here with sharks...

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
The sad thing however is that the sun has become almost as rare as the sharks, so you might not get in the water for that reason.

Keith&Cris

Aug 22, 2002
www.keithbroad.com
Sharks ....

What an exciting way to go!!! To be eaten by a shark! Better that than waste away from disease or simply die of sheer boredom. :tired: Go swimming in the ocean, have fun, and let adrenalin be your amigo!!