Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Quality Office Furniture

Where can I find quality office furniture in Sosua or Puerto Plata?
    thank u , Supa

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gsupa
    Where can I find quality office furniture in Sosua or Puerto Plata?
    thank u , Supa

I found things in Gasper Hernandez, about 20 minutes past Caberete.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

The serious office furniture stores are in Santo Domingo.
    You might find some will deliver to you on the North Coast for a reasonable fee.

In fact, Santo Domingo has some very nice office furniture stores
    From high end Herman Miller and Von furniture to the low end Office Max type stuff.
    Last edited by DR1Admin; 11-17-2004 at 12:00 PM.

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Robert
    The serious office furniture stores are in Santo Domingo.
    You might find some will deliver to you on the North Coast for a reasonable fee.

In fact, Santo Domingo has some very nice office furniture stores
    From high end Herman Miller and Voz furniture to the low end Office Max type stuff.
    There is an Office Max in Santo Domingo? If so are the prices competitive?

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmydr
    There is an Office Max in Santo Domingo? If so are the prices competitive?
    No and no. Most of this stuff is imported with the exception of "Von" furniture which is locally made and of a very high standard. Actually some of the best furniture I have ever seen.

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

If you detest going to Santo Domingo as much as I do, you might like to try looking at what Ripol (Doce de Julio) & Distribudor Ganzalez (Parque Central & Separacion stores) have to offer.

I agree there may not be the selection offered in Santo Domingo, but then your needs might only be modest. I know that everything in Santo Domingo is bigger, better, cheaper, prettier, .............. than we have up here on the northcoast, but you MAY find soemething suitable! Failing that, if you want something custom built, we have an excellent carpenter that could make something up to your design. Made a 6ft x 3ft mahogany desk to our design for just US $600 14 months ago!! PM me if you want more details. ~ Grahame.

DR1
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BushBaby
    Made a 6ft x 3ft mahogany desk to our design for just US $600 14 months ago!!
    We had 2 desks made for the office (10'x3'x2") one is a solid slab of mahogany.
    It takes at least 4 people to move it

The other desk is made from an imported wood from Chile, hard as nails, a pain to work with, but looks beautiful when finished.

Both desks including the wood, stainless legs and labor came close to US$350-400.

I guess we are lucky in Santo Domingo, we have 2-3 very large lumber yards and if you take your time you can find some great pieces. Sometimes they donít even know what they have!

Still in the wrapper.

Getting some use.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

I guess we are lucky in Santo Domingo, we have 2-3 very large lumber yards and if you take your time you can find some great pieces. Sometimes they donít even know what they have!
    Nice pieces and good pricing.

A 10'X3'X2" solid mahogany? If it is genuine mahogany, it was the once in a lifetime opportunity.

Barnabť

Post Thanks / Like

Default Call or visit these people

Funcional: 581 3245. Ask for Teddy Amor. They have their own furniture factory and only do office furniture. Fair pricing, very servicable desks and chairs.

HB

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

We had 2 desks made for the office (10'x3'x2") one is a solid slab of mahogany.
    It takes at least 4 people to move it

The other desk is made from an imported wood from Chile, hard as nails, a pain to work with, but looks beautiful when finished.

Both desks including the wood, stainless legs and labor came close to US$350-400.

Still in the wrapper.

Getting some use.
    Sorry Robert - don't mean to be pedantic but to clear any misunderstanding as to what I meant, I was refering to an OFFICE desk, one with drawers each side, one under the seat well & made ENTIRELY of mahogany, rather than a mahogany table with metal legs!! I am in no way disputing your "Value for money" buy but we are not talking a DESK in your pictures - more an office table used as a working surface! Sorry, I don't have pictures of the DESK we had made or I would post that to show the difference. ~ Grahame.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast