Costel?o! Eat till you drop!!

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Costel?o! Eat till you drop!!

All meat lovers should absolutly try out this Brazilian restaurant in the Colonial Zone, Plaza Espa?a, ?Costel?o?. Their menu is pretty simple, men pay $960 and ladies $480; they bring out all types of meat (beef, lamb, rabbit, argentinian sausages, chicken, pork, fish?.ect)? and eat till you drop, same with side orders, you can order as much as you want.

Types of meat in Spanish:
Alas de Pollo
Costilla de Cerdo Fresca
Filete de Res
Lomo de Cerdo con Hueso
Pierna de Ternera
Picanha
Corte de Angus
Mollejas de Ternera
Pi?a
Pechuga de Pollo con Tocineta
Coraz?n de Pollo
Codorniz
Conejo
Salchicha
Pierna de Cordero sin hueso
Chillo
Muslo de Pollo
Chuleta de Ternera
Muslito de Pollo
Filete de Cerdo
Picanha con Ajo

Their site is not yet in English. They have the full menu in Spanish.
www.costelao.com

gerd

Jan 10, 2002
Could s.o. explain to me what the exciting thing about "eat-til-you-drop" is? :tired:

I do however enjoy "drink-til-you-drop". ;)

Barnabe

Dec 20, 2002
I ate at a place like this, two years or so ago, it's probably the same, it's at the bottom end of El Conde, casi plaza espana, almost front of the french consulate.

Price was much lower at that time , around 250, ie 15USD, but the service was way too slow, although there were only 2 busy tables. I didn't care too much, but the clients at the other table were really upset.

As price is now 30 USD, they probably improved either the menu (at this time the range of meats was not that wide) or the service, or better, both.

Barnab?

Spirit7

Aug 26, 2004
Very Brazilian

This type of restaurant is very common in Brazil and I remember going to a couple of them in Rio many years ago. Here in the DR it would be attractive if it was around half the rates quoted here but for those prices per person you can have a very decent meal at Vesuvio, Cafe Milano or many other much better places. Not worth it unless you just want to pig out.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Barnabe said:
I ate at a place like this, two years or so ago, it's probably the same, it's at the bottom end of El Conde, casi plaza espana, almost front of the french consulate.

Price was much lower at that time , around 250, ie 15USD, but the service was way too slow, although there were only 2 busy tables. I didn't care too much, but the clients at the other table were really upset.

As price is now 30 USD, they probably improved either the menu (at this time the range of meats was not that wide) or the service, or better, both.

Barnab?
'
It's located between Pate Palo and Musee del Jamon in Plaza Espa?a! And I was impressed with the service, I didn't have to use my "sssssssspppppptttt"

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Escott said:
Anywhere I go in the country I can eat till I drop for 32 bux US:)

Who wants to gorge yourself to get your money's worth to begin with?

Enjoy your meal Robert:)

Scott

Maybe for you boys the price is a bit high, but for us girl, its pretty damn good... :nervous:

Barnabe

Dec 20, 2002
juanita said:
'
It's located between Pate Palo and Musee del Jamon in Plaza Espa?a! And I was impressed with the service, I didn't have to use my "sssssssspppppptttt"

Ok Juanita,

I will try it next time I'm in SD, I am a meat lover,

Thanks,

Barnab?

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
The owner, whose name I can't recall, had a restaurant on top of Trio's a few years back called Rodizio, I was a regular there even though I don't eat meat (Caipirinha anyone?). The Feijoda was good and my only reason to go there.

He moved near where he is now in a very modest place which I visited once I think and then finally moved to where Costelao is now. I've never been to Costelao. I have to go one day to see if they still make feijoada there.

Walter. I think his name is Walter.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Pib said:
The owner, whose name I can't recall, had a restaurant on top of Trio's a few years back called Rodizio, I was a regular there even though I don't eat meat (Caipirinha anyone?). The Feijoda was good and my only reason to go there.

He moved near where he is now in a very modest place which I visited once I think and then finally moved to where Costelao is now. I've never been to Costelao. I have to go one day to see if they still make feijoada there.

Walter. I think his name is Walter.

"Entradas"
Feijoada t?pica Brasile?a
It's up on their menu so they should have it, what is it anyway?

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
I have been to places like this in Brazil. They call them Churrascarias. definately "Atkins friendly"! Their pricing does seem rather sexist. Imagine that, in the DR! ;)

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Feijoada

juanita said:
"Entradas"
Feijoada t?pica Brasile?a
It's up on their menu so they should have it, what is it anyway?

Feijoada as 'entrada', these people are loco! That's a whole meal on it's own!
Feijoada is the brazilian version of dominican sancocho: a stew of pork, sausage and smoked meat cooked in black beans and served with rice and orange slices. Yummy!
In Brasil these restaurants are called Rodizios, you have them for meat, fish and even Rodizio de pizza which means 'entrada' pizzas, normal pizzas and 'postre' pizzas with ice cream, hot chocolate, crazy! At a lot lower prices though and same price for men and women.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Escott said:
I don't mind if you want to take this poor starvin guy there. I will be back in the capital on or around 12-1-04.

I accept all offers of food.

Escottisgettinhungry

Well! Maybe we could arrange a "DR1 Eat till you drop" reunion around that date!!?? ;)

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
juanita said:
Well! Maybe we could arrange a "DR1 Eat till you drop" reunion around that date!!?? ;)
Man, I like getting folks together when I am in the Capital but I don't know if I can really do a pigfest just now. Still trying to recuperate from being in NY for 2 months and having dinner with different friends every night and then getting back here with my pants not fitting.

We had a dozen folks together last month at one of the Restaurants by Columbus's house. Lets do it again!

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
Escott said:
Man, I like getting folks together when I am in the Capital but I don't know if I can really do a pigfest just now. Still trying to recuperate from being in NY for 2 months and having dinner with different friends every night and then getting back here with my pants not fitting.

We had a dozen folks together last month at one of the Restaurants by Columbus's house. Lets do it again!

Count me in!! I don't think we have enough gatherings on this side of the island. The folks on the North Coast are always having parties and ribs at Rocky's, I think we need to get into the beat!! :nervous: