Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: car with driver

  1. #1
    Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    95
    Post Thanks / Like

    Question car with driver

    Greetings everybody.My name is sabrina 34 from belgium.Me ,my son 7 and parents are relocating to sosua end of next year.
    Next july we will be in sosua for a month to get all of our papers in order and start up a brandnew excursion.
    Now my question is:
    What would be a reasenable price to pay for someone to drive us around for 3 weeks.
    Can anybody help me with that?
    thanks alot!

  2. #2
    Rest in peace Amigo!
    Join Date
    Aug 2002
    Posts
    2,437
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Contact Martin Espinal

    at [email protected] He may be able to help you out with one of his drivers. Tell him you were referred by Gregg.

    Good luck.

    Gregg

  3. #3
    Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    95
    Post Thanks / Like

    Thumbs up

    Thanks alot,will send a email!

  4. #4
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    1,092
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mislarimar
    Greetings everybody.My name is sabrina 34 from belgium.Me ,my son 7 and parents are relocating to sosua end of next year.
    Next july we will be in sosua for a month to get all of our papers in order and start up a brandnew excursion.
    Now my question is:
    What would be a reasenable price to pay for someone to drive us around for 3 weeks.
    Can anybody help me with that?
    thanks alot!
    Three solid weeks of work, he may disappear after 2 weeks with all that cash.

  5. #5
    Platinum
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    14,587
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Spanish speaking?

    Do you need a English/French speaking driver or can you speak Spanish? How many people in your party? Where will you stay at night? Where will he stay? Will you pay for his room every night? His food? He cannot, after all , sleep in his car. Also, where will you fly into and where will you leave from? Do you wish to keep moving the entire time or do you wish one week here, two weeks there? You need perhaps, je croix, un peux plus d'un idee, mais tous peut ce arranger. Elizabeth

  6. #6
    Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    95
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    We are staying at a villa at casa linda.Maby we can find someone who lives in or near sosua so we can call him if we need him.We are 4 grownups and one child 7 years old.
    We are arriving at POP at 08-07-2005 and will be leaving on 29-07-2005.
    We need to go to santo domingo( for residency papers) and the rest is mostly driving to hotels and around sosua.At a reasenable price and we know you are not suppose to pay everything at once because the driver won't come back,we know the dominican "way" ha ha!
    We speak english,german,french and dutch but a english speaking driver would be great.

  7. #7
    Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    95
    Post Thanks / Like

    Exclamation

    anybody else who can help me with this question?

    sabrina

  8. #8
    Regular
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    47
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mislarimar
    anybody else who can help me with this question?

    sabrina

    We also stayed at Casa Linda for a month and used local drivers. It's pretty easy to get around there. We had rented a scooter for quick runs to town or Costal, other than that, we used Joseph 360-4280 or 952-3617, or felix 344-8721. Between the two of them, one was always around to take us where we needed to go. Both have newer mini vans, so larger groups are not an issue.

    Hope this helps, and enjoy Sosua, it's incredible!

  9. #9
    Bronze
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    1,559
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    mislarimar,

    Just curious. When you relocate there next year, are you planning on buying a car? If so, why delay the inevitable need to learn the ins and outs of driving in the DR? I know there are horror stories about how bad the drivers are, but the same could be said about a lot of places in North America or Europe. I've always rented a car on my vacations, and have driven all over the country. After an initial adjustment, it's really not so bad.

  10. #10
    Silver
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Posts
    2,305
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sweetdbt
    mislarimar,

    Just curious. When you relocate there next year, are you planning on buying a car? If so, why delay the inevitable need to learn the ins and outs of driving in the DR? I know there are horror stories about how bad the drivers are, but the same could be said about a lot of places in North America or Europe. I've always rented a car on my vacations, and have driven all over the country. After an initial adjustment, it's really not so bad.
    I think she should start driving once she is familiar with the roads.
    It is true that driving in many other countries is crazy but at least they respect stop signs unlike here which all they do is sound their horns.

    For many people, driving in the DR is suicidal.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •