I've got some good news!

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Some of you might know that Nicky and I were told that having children was virtually impossible. (One of the reasons why we came here). So you can imagine our delight and shock to discover that Nicky is pregnant.

Over the coming months we will be posting many, many, baby questions - "Which end is the top" etc. Because we are pretty much clueless.

Any help, anyone who has a hospital to recommend, or to avoid, knowledge of good or bad doctors and so forth - your comments will be most welcome.

Simon & Nicky

:classic: :ermm: :classic: :ermm: :classic: :ermm: :classic: :ermm: :eek:

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
If in Santo Domingo:

Avoid UCE hospital, really dirty and bad service.

Centro de Obstetricia y Ginecologia: One of the best! Your wife even get gets her hair and nails done after she gives birth! ;)

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Congrats!!

But is this not your neighbours fault? If he hadn't cut your TV cables then you wouldn't have been doing what you've obviously been doing!!
Other than the fact that the Top end produces copious amounts of vomit and lots of noise and the Bottom end, copious amounts of crap ..... there can't be too much to this baby thing!
Uncle Don Pedro
(and Paul & I thought you were going to buy her a puppy)????

Bob K

Silver
Aug 16, 2004
congrats

My wife and I are going to be relocating to the DR sometime in the next year. We have already purchased land there. I will be at that time a retired Ob/Gyn doc. Currently in an active practice and hold teaching appointments at two universities. So if you have questions please feel free to e mail me and I will try to answer them all. Get ready for a fun ride.
Bob K

gjsuk

Apr 7, 2003
Many congrats....

but really at your age you should know better

I guess you'll soon have something to occupy you both when the frogs won't let you sleep!!!

AlaninDR

Mr. Chunky Skin
Dec 17, 2002
Perhaps we should consider a pregnancy present for this joyful event, how would you like a few parrots? ;)

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
Congrats, guys.

My wife and I are going through the same thing. She just bought a copy of "What to expect when you're expecting" in Spanish and claims it helps quite a bit. Being pregnant she is feeling alot of things she never felt before, most of them painful and uncomfortable, so just knowing that this is normal and happens to everybody (well, everybody who's pregnant) is a big help.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Oh oh...

Pib....why the club...is there anything we should be aware of??? ;)

To Simon and Nicky...CONGRATULATIONS!!!

The only thing you should know for now is...SLEEP, SLEEP, SLEEP...any chance you get...'cause you sure won't sleep much after baby is here!!!

About that book, if you can get a copy...it's the best thing ever published for expectant mothers...Get it!!! You'll both be saving yourselves a lot of trouble!

getmsg

This is Riley Alessandro...not quite 3 months old yet...and only being fed breast milk!...But...he's such a good baby, he gets fed around 10 pm last, and doesn't wake up again until Daddy goes to work at 5:30 a.m. :bandit:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
This thread is a happy hoot! Congrats you two and the party isn't over until the baby is walking. Until then you just cart them around and they go everywhere. Thats when the job REALLY begins!

It will be nice for you to have a retired Baby doctor in town soon.

Escott

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Absolutely delighted for you! And as I said before absolutely useless to you, given that my age's favourite chat subject used to be the menopause, about 15 years ago, & is now pensions!! But there are going to be all sorts of young folk here who have produced recently & will doubtless tell you what to expect. All the very best of luck!! :D :D

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Heartfelt congratulations! I myself will be giving birth to our second child (together, we also have my husband's son who lives with us) in February. If Nicky gets morning sickness (I hope not! I never had to deal with it, but heard it is some horrible), tell her to keep soda crackers by the bed, and not to attempt to get up in the morning without having 2-3. I'm told this helps immensely.

Again, sincere congratulations.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Congratulations!

What a wonderful surprise for both of you, hope that this doesn't change your mind about being in the DR!! LOL
Now, we will have have the invaluable advise on how it is like to go through pregnancy and what doctors/hospitals are the ones to use for any others who may be pregnant and living there, it can be made into a sticky!!
Again, congratulations and I wish you good health,
Marlie

linamia

"an unexamined life is not worth living"
Jan 2, 2002
www.pascual5designs.com
Congrats!! Enjoy all the moments, there will be a time where you are going to wonder what you did we do before the baby. Sleep a lot!!!! your lives will never be the same again, it will always be about them from now on. I wouldn't trade it for the world!

Lina
proud mother of 3

Doodoo

Jun 1, 2004
Congratulations Nicky and Simon

Hi Nicky and Simon, This is Brian and Debby (Doodoo). Many congratulations to you both on your fantastic news. We are both really thrilled for you. We will be in the DR within the next 25 days. I (debby) am willing to help you both in any way that I can. E-mail me anytime.

Chester4

*** Sin Bin ***
Feb 12, 2004
Escott said:
This thread is a happy hoot! Congrats you two and the party isn't over until the baby is walking. Until then you just cart them around and they go everywhere. Thats when the job REALLY begins!

It will be nice for you to have a retired Baby doctor in town soon.

Escott

Escott ... will you be delivering their baby - as advertised on your jeep ?!

CONGRATULATIONS NICKY AND SIMON ;) My kids are 14 and 12 so I am going to have to think back to those baby days to give you some advice!

Take care ... and see you soon.