Annulment

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If I remember my Canon Law

An annulment can only be done by the Catholic Church courts. If this is what you are talking about, I suggest you talk to your parish priest or local bishop. The proceedure is rather long and complicated, but it is done on a regular basis.

Good luck,

HB

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
That is not the only one

Bigamy, by one party or another.

Cruelty which can be proven.

Continual unfaithfullness

Undisclosed STD

The list goes on, since canonical lawyers earn more that Johnny Cochran...

HB :D:D

blessednluvinit

*** Sin Bin ***
Oct 16, 2003
Hillbilly said:
An annulment can only be done by the Catholic Church courts. If this is what you are talking about, I suggest you talk to your parish priest or local bishop. The proceedure is rather long and complicated, but it is done on a regular basis.

Good luck,

HB
Thanks Hillbilly.
Blessednluvinit

angie.k.s

May 5, 2004
Annulments

An annulment in the catholic church is completely separate from a legal annulment.

Legally, a divorce is when a marriage ends - it existed, but is no more. An annulment says the marriage was invalid from the beginning and never really existed at all... (Fraud would be one reason for an annulment.)

At least this is the case in the US. Does anyone know about dominican law regarding this issue?

Fabio J. Guzman

DR1 Expert
Jan 1, 2002
www.drlawyer.com
Annulment is possible on several grounds such as lack of consent or the existence of a previous undissolved marriage. In practice, annulments are more time-consuming than divorces.

Shiraz72

Bronze
Feb 10, 2010
Does anyone know how long will a woman have to wait to remarry after a civil marriage annulment?
If you visit the Dominican Embassy's website there's a section on marriage laws and it says a "divorced woman" has to wait 10 months before getting married in DR. There's no mention of annulments. But it also says to contact the embassy if you have questions concerning this law etc...I'd suggest you contact the Dominican Embassy in your country to find out....