Water bills.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
I just read in electricity bill thread the post gringo in dr wrote about water bills, so thought I'd start a new thread. I was taken aback to read that a friend of gringo in dr "........is still paying 3000-4000 pesos a month & water company says he must use a lot of water".
How would the water company know what his consumption is? Here in Puerto Plata we are not metred for water use & the charge is the same monthly. The water company's comment sounds like a try on to me!
I pay water bills on 2 houses in Puerto Plata. Neither are in 'gringoland', one is in rich dominicansville & the other in PP town centre. Each house has a cystern. Monthly bill for the Bayardo house is 518 pesos (including sewage), monthly bill for the town centre house is 313 pesos (also including sewage). Each of these bills reflect the increases imposed about 3 months back.
Anyone paying thousands of pesos for residential property (unless it is an apartment block) is paying over the odds, I would have thought.

gringo in dr

May 29, 2003
Lambada said:
I just read in electricity bill thread the post gringo in dr wrote about water bills, so thought I'd start a new thread. I was taken aback to read that a friend of gringo in dr "........is still paying 3000-4000 pesos a month & water company says he must use a lot of water".
How would the water company know what his consumption is? Here in Puerto Plata we are not metred for water use & the charge is the same monthly. The water company's comment sounds like a try on to me!
I pay water bills on 2 houses in Puerto Plata. Neither are in 'gringoland', one is in rich dominicansville & the other in PP town centre. Each house has a cystern. Monthly bill for the Bayardo house is 518 pesos (including sewage), monthly bill for the town centre house is 313 pesos (also including sewage). Each of these bills reflect the increases imposed about 3 months back.
Anyone paying thousands of pesos for residential property (unless it is an apartment block) is paying over the odds, I would have thought.

I didn't mention my water bill because it doesn't seem so sensational compared to my friends. My water bill used to aways be around 400 pesos. The a few months ago I got a bill for 2,000 pesos. Before I even complained a water employee was at my door to do an investigation on why my bill was so high. They said that wanted to take a look around my apartment. I sent them on their way. I really don't like people taking an inventory of my stuff.

The next bill was down to only 1,200. This months bill is only 1,060. Hey at least it is going down.

I can scan these is if anyone wants to see them.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Why are your bills different every month? Are you metred for consumption? If so, this is new to me. We pay the same, month in month out, apart from when there is an overall increase. But when there is.......we then pay the same new rate every month.

gringo in dr

May 29, 2003
Lambada said:
Why are your bills different every month? Are you metred for consumption? If so, this is new to me. We pay the same, month in month out, apart from when there is an overall increase. But when there is.......we then pay the same new rate every month.

Yes they charge by how much you use. At least with me and others I know here. Maybe it is only in Santiago? I don't know. I will post up scans of the bills if anyone cares to take a look. I'm a pack rat, I'll be I have them back to my first one.

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Lambada said:

I also have two houses side by side that I pay Rd.$500.00 + per house.

Gringo

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
gringo in dr said:
Yes they charge by how much you use. At least with me and others I know here. Maybe it is only in Santiago? I don't know. I will post up scans of the bills if anyone cares to take a look. I'm a pack rat, I'll be I have them back to my first one.

Perhaps you are metred for consumption because it is a different water company? Here on the North Coast it is CORAAPLATA (Corporacion de Acueductos y Alcantarillados de Puerto Plata).

gringo in dr

May 29, 2003
I just love how people make broad statements.

Peter and Alex, your water my not be metered. Mine is.

I scanned in the water bills I have.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2135404533

There are only 3 of them. The last one shows my bill from the previous month which was 2,000.

I have scanned in my electric bills here. There are 12 of them.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2135404400

You will need an account at imagestation to view the scans. Don't worry it doesn't cost ni un peso.