IT jobs in Santo Domingo

Status
Not open for further replies.

aerobaticman

Nov 10, 2004
Hi,

I was wondering what the market is like for IT professionals with UNIX and WIN support experience? Anyone know what the salaries approximately are?

Or if anyone knows for pilots (Commerical with couple thousand hours in the log book) ???

Looking to get married to my GF there in near future and we are trying to decide in which country we will live in...

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
RD$25-30,000 (US$780-US$940) monthly if you have been with the company a long time and really know your stuff. Plus you will need to be fully bilingual (Spanish/English).

aerobaticman

Nov 10, 2004
Robert,

1) So is one town usually having more demand than say Santo Domingo?
2) How hard is it to find such an IT Job if you speak little to no Spanish? ( I'm fluent in English and German)
3) Since I'm not able YET to speak Spanish fluent, what's a rough guess of the salaries? I have 8 years of experience between Power Companies and Banks.

Many thanks for your input!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
aerobaticman said:
Robert,

2) How hard is it to find such an IT Job if you speak little to no Spanish? ( I'm fluent in English and German)
3) Since I'm not able YET to speak Spanish fluent, what's a rough guess of the salaries? I have 8 years of experience between Power Companies and Banks.

I have no good news for you :(

My guess would be you have almost zero chance of finding an IT job.

Your only hope is to do lots and lots of people (Dominican) networking and hope you find something. Most IT jobs are found through friends and business associates.

You could look at serving the local ex-pat community, but that is a very hard road and comes with it?s on set of problems. Most fail from what I have seen.

Santo Domingo will be your best bet. Purely because of its size and the number of businesses here.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
If you don't mind, send me your resume or CV. Not that I can guarantee you a job but I do know a company that is looking for IT professionals right now.

bienamor

Kansas redneck an proud of it
Apr 23, 2004
What kind of experience?

aerobaticman said:
Robert,

What were you doing? power companies and banks?
WEB, JAVA, UNIX, MAINFRAME???
MIDRANGE.

paskoul

Apr 15, 2013
Hi all,
Looking at the dates on this threads, they are pretty old.
I need to know if there are good jobs in Santo Domingo in the IT industry for a CCNP with 10+ years experience in managing voice and data networks.

Bronxboy

Jul 11, 2007
Hi all,
Looking at the dates on this threads, they are pretty old.
I need to know if there are good jobs in Santo Domingo in the IT industry for a CCNP with 10+ years experience in managing voice and data networks.

Open a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.