New Luxury Resort And Living In Puerto Plata

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
I just got the news that a new Cap Cana style project is being planned for Puerto Plata.

It's going to be called Atlantica and it will feature a marina, million dollar homes, worldclass golf course, etc etc etc.

This is just another testament to what I have been saying all along, the DR is moving rapidly towards the high income bracket as a tourist destination and away from the cheapies.

http://www.atlanticadr.com/english/elements.php?s=1

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Escott said:
I heard that they are still looking for money. I bet you won't see anything there in 5 years.

They claim its a 10 year project ( Dominican Years? )

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
Gringo said:
They claim its a 10 year project ( Dominican Years? )

Well, these things don't spring up over night. Cap Cana is a 15 years project. Casa de Campo was built in a period of 7 to 10 years also.

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
Nal0whs said:
I just got the news that a new Cap Cana style project is being planned for Puerto Plata.

It's going to be called Atlantica and it will feature a marina, million dollar homes, worldclass golf course, etc etc etc.

This is just another testament to what I have been saying all along, the DR is moving rapidly towards the high income bracket as a tourist destination and away from the cheapies.

http://www.atlanticadr.com/english/elements.php?s=1

It looks like Cap Cana is into many projects,

I read that they are redesigning Playa Caleton in Rio San Juan.
They are going to rebuild it completely with tennis and basketball courts, day care, a masseuse, boutiques an athletic club and much more.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The project in Luperon was started by former Cap Cana people.

Like all these projects, it depends on how well they sell the concept, this is what generates the funds to develop. Right now they are all selling a Four Seasons restaurant, but you might end up with a Kentucky Fried Chicken :)