Enough of dominican bashing.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
You folks in north coast just don't get it. You can be living here for a million year and still not get it. You come to this country, instantly find or make a gated community and find other folks like you. never bother to learn spanish or get to know any real dominicans. All you folks do is mix with dominican trash and then insult all the rest of dominicans that you don't know.
Example: you are 60 yrs old and find a 25 yrs old girl to fall in love with. I gurantee you that she is not going to be a university grad with a law degree. She will be either a whore, ex-hooker or a girl from ghetto. She will be more poor than a bangladeshi refugee in india. Now you learn to deal with her poor mentality and her poor family. Then you meet her chulo brother and tigre cousins. They rob you and squeeze every penny they can get out of you. Then your relationship ends in disaster. What did you expect genious? There are tourists coming here finding cheap ghetto love, finding black whores and dressing them up like princeses. Taking them to expensive restaurants and shopping with them in supermarkets. Women coming here, hooking with cheap ghetto studs. Mistaking them for real dominican men. Then taking them to USA, canada, germany and other parts of europe. Giving them attention they can't even get from their own people. Just go to any latin disco in germany and you will see dominican hookers all over dancing "un movimieno sexy".
The fault lies within you foreigners. You just don't get it. You sleep with dogs and then complain of ticks. To decent dominicans, you are all fools. Thats what I hear all the time from decent dominicans.
Now I live in DR as well. Then why is it that I don't have any cheap dominican friends who ask me for gifts? why is it that I don't support any girl and her immediate family? Why is it that I never get into any police trouble or have to pay any traffic fines? why is it I never get over charged? why is it that I never complain of dominicans? You never hear Hillbilly complain of dominicans. Why is that?
You see there are some foreigners who choose not to live with dominican trash, just like the real decent dominicans. why is it you never see a decent dominican girl with those cheap black sankies from beach in resort areas? Real dominican girls are far prettier than your regular fatty gringa.
real dominicans don't mix with coastal dominican trash. they have their own circle to move in. They want no trouble. Oh wait, you folks in north coast will tell me that you see chopos from santiago come to their beach in buses all weekend and trash their place. Right?
Not! real dominicans don't come in cheap hired gua guas. these folks you see are country folks or poor folks from guettos. they are not real dominicans. Dominican republic is RUN by educated dominicans who pay their lights, taxes and run universities and huge businesses. the rest are simply workers.
In santiago we have supermarkets just like USA and have everything you can imagine. Santo domingo is even more like USA. The prices are way high but you will still see lines in supermarket cashiers. People live exactly or better than USA. These folks drive nice cars, visit USA frequently, pay high price for medical attention in decent hospitals, clinics, buy expensive clothes, spend money in restaurants and bars, live in huge modern houses and have good businesses. These folk are the owners of this country, not your cheap everyday poor dominican. I don't know a single cheap dominican that you folks seem to complain about daily. Why is it that its so difficult for you folks to find real domninicans? Oh wait, maybe because you folks live in gated communities?
Its simple as that: you folks only know cheap lying ghetto dominican bastards, the real dominicans are out of your reach. So its all too simple, "you will get what you look for...anywhere in the world".
Have a happy thanks giving.
AZB

DMAO

Oct 30, 2004
Well said AZB

Could'nt have said it any better. I always mess up.
You are so correct. I'm new to DR1 and have read up on threads up to last year. I have noticed that you, Hillbilly, and Chirimoya are pretty decent people. Is'nt DR1 for folks who love DR? I have noticed that some of us on DR1 should be on ihatedominicans.com.
I am pretty sure what we see among the Dominican community in DR and overseas is common among many cultures. I have dealt with people from as far away as Chad and Tanzania who have the same stories.
Some folks have to keep away from sankies, the ghettos, and other low-lifes and deal with a greater variety of Dominicans.
Maybe I have never lived in the DR for long enough time but, I have some right to saying this because I am, my parents are, and I live among a vaery varied Dominican community.
It must be understood that we are a third word country struggling for what the other countries in the world have already achieved. They all also went through a lot. We have had numbe of currupt governments which caused our citizens not to respect or trust authorities.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
How about starting on this Thanksgiving Day with AZB NOT bashing the poor the uneducated and the UBH. ;)

Last edited:

Chris

Gold
Oct 21, 2002
www.caribbetech.com
Thanks AZB - you said what I've been thinking for a few weeks and did not really know how to express. We've had a lot of Dominican bashing on the board lately.

I don't really like the way you said it... but, seeing as I could not find the words, your words will have to stand! ;)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
AZB, this goes for the country as a whole, not just the North Coast.

You are bashing your head against the wall. Most will never get it or understand what your talking about. Don't waste your time or fingers on the keyboard :)

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
So Exactly "WHAT" Is Your Point???????????

"You Doth Protest Too Much Me Thinks!"
Weaather you realize it or not,you do not have to be Ugly","Black",or "Poor" to be a Whore!!!
I knew this beautiful,young,white girl from Los Rios,who"s father was a General wwho would give you all you coud handle for "short" money!

You are "taring" all the North Coasters with the same brush! Does "Eddy" fall into your "Catagory","Marco","Escott","Tom"???
Last time I checked,it is not a crime to be poor!
Maybe it's time for you to do a personal "Reality Check"????
Did your family leave Pakistan for the "Terrible USA" because they were to rich to stay there???
I have lots of "Ugly","Black","Poor" people in MY family! So are "Scum Baggers" most are not! I find that so called "Ugly" people are usually "nicer" than those "so-called"," Beautiful People" because they have to work harder to be accepted.

I am one of those "Fat,Old,Bald,White,men who take sexual advantage of economically distressed young Dominican girls for my own pleasure!I am not proud of that,but I still do it!
You can say what you want about YOUR situation vis-a-vi the girls you "date" in Santiago!
I say you can put all the "Lipstick" you want on that "PIG",and it will still be a "PIG"!!!
Believe me pal,you are no "prize",neither pysically,or financially! (although you are "charming" in your own way!)Maybe it's the respect you show to all human beings that makes all those pretty,young,white,rich,college educated,slim,car owning,long silky haired,doctor lawyer type,girls fall in love with you.Or maybe it's NOT!
If a woman comes here from Canada,England,or the USA,and pays 50 sankies,2000 pesos each to take her to the "DICKSO",and then "Bang Her Bones" like she has never had it before,and all night long too,why does that get you so riled up??? Do we see a little insecurity about your own sexual prowess tainting your feelings????
Being overly concerned about the way that others choose to live their lives is a sign of low self-esteme.
I lived that way for the first 40 years of my life.Only during the last 18 have I learned to concentrate on my own life,and let others concentrate on theirs.It is much better and easier that way!
I think that you are about the same age that I was when I started living my life,and not the life of others.I give you some "Fatherly" advice on this Thanksgiving Day.You have to first love yourself before you can love others.
Look inward,not outward!
Try "PROZAC",20 mgm every other day,it will make you a "Kinder Getler" AZB!!
;) CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
There you have your answer above. I guess, I will take robert''s advice and not bang my head on the wall.
So let me get it straight before i bang my head on the wall again: Most poor folks are good people because they mingle with the unwanted old folks and most better class dominicans are snobs because they won't go out with a guy older than their dad, or refused to be impressed by the wealth of a gringo? whats the matter, they are snobs because they won't talk to people like yourself?
Nevermind, let me bang my head again, but this time with my turban on.
AZB

chuckuindy

Bronze
Mar 8, 2004
Good and Bad

Although in most cases I agree with AZB, I must say that over the past 4 years I have spent more time living among the poorer class of Dominican society rather than the middle class or elite. Yes there is a big difference in classes in the Dominican Republic; however there are many poor Dominicans who are warm and wonderful people.

Granted like most poor people around the world the poor Dominican lacks the social graces of his more fortunate and educated counter part, and unfortunately their behavior and lifestyles are not likely to change in the next few centuries. Being poor and lacking social skills is however not a crime and trying to reform and entire class of people is an impossible task.

We need to look no farther than what the white man did to native North Americans to see what forcing our values on others brings. Dominican society is a class system, there are good and bad in all classes. Why can we not look for the good?

Charlie

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
AZB there's lots of very poor but good Dominicans. The untrained thieves and scammers are in areas where money is easy and high class thieves go after bigger fish ( Banniter) for example. We shouldn't get thieves,thugs and scammers mixed up with being poor. Being a decent person isn't about money or class.

You knowing people in high places and getting out of tickets and whatever else, in my eyes puts you and the person letting you off the hook for disobeying the law, in the scammers catagory. To me there's no difference. Wrong is wrong no matter what class you are in.

Last edited:

MrMike

Silver
Mar 2, 2003
www.azconatechnologies.com
AZB, consider this...

Some of us that love this country show tough love sometimes, and are frustrated by prevailing attitudes that stymie progress, growth, and reduce the quality of life for everyone, Dominicans included.

The DR is great, that's why I have chosen to live here - but it could be better if not for widespread ignorance, indifference and obliviousness.

You are right we are not going to change anything by whining on DR1, most of my whining is for my own benefit to remind me that even after 5 years and inspite of the fact that most of my clothes smell like yesterday's "fritos verdes" I am still a gringo on the inside.

Barnabe

Dec 20, 2002
AZB,

There is imho a contradiction between this thread title and the content of your post(s).

I read what you write about your Dominican friends with 10 million dollars houses, multi million pesos luxury cars, hundred of thousands pesos birthday parties, etc..

I read what you write about the chopos, ghetto tigueres, dirty hookers, poor folks from the campos, etc..

I understand you enjoy the company of the former, there is probably more fun and fewer problems.

Now why do you say:?

AZB said:
why is it that I never complain of dominicans? You never hear Hillbilly complain of dominicans.Why is that?

Why do you say that, whereas you don't stop bashing poor Dominicans in your posts? Hillbilly's posts are informative, I don't remember a post where he speaks about poor Dominicans the way you do.

AZB said:
Not! real dominicans don't come in cheap hired gua guas. these folks you see are country folks or poor folks from guettos. they are not real dominicans.
:cross-eye :cross-eye :cross-eye :cross-eye :cross-eye

AZB said:
Get to know real dominicans and see how easy your life becomes in DR
Sorry, but it seems to me you're just doing what all these "chopos, ugly hookers, barrio tigueres" are doing. They are also trying to find the "rich man" (or woman) to make their life easier.

I am not saying you are like them, just that everybody has problems they are trying to solve. (Almost) Everybody is looking for the better.

In fact, I wonder if all this is not to blame the "northcoasters" more than the poor Dominican themselves? Did you have problems when you were living there?

Barnab?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
I agree with everyone on this thread. Even AZB. Even Criss.

Perhaps not with the way they put it, but with the essence of what they are saying.

Maybe I am due for a holiday.

One thing, though. AZB talks about "real" Dominicans. Are the rest holograms or cardboard cut-outs?

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Here we go again. AZB knows all and the rest of the world (except the few that agree with him) know nothing. He paints with this big wide brush of Bullsh1t and some of you jump on his crapola which totally amazes me.

All Dominicans on the North Coast are not putas/sankies no matter what the mad Packi says. All Dominicans from Santiago who leave their crap on the Beach and throw garbage out of the windows of their cars are NOT ALL POOR Trash from Santiago no matter what the MAD PACKI Says. All poor Dominicans no matter where they come from are NOT BAD PEOPLE no matter what the mad Packi says. Some are and SOME aren't just like anywhere else in the world NO matter what the mad Packi says. All people that have money in Santiago are NOT great people like the mad Packi says.

All mad Packis do NOT know all no matter what the mad Packi says. On this note I can't wait to see him tonight and have some drinks with my MAD PACKI FRIEND no matter how much we disagree both on life and HIS take of the DR. I still love my MAD PACKI FRIEND!

Happy Thanksgiving to All who celebrate it and a great day to the rest of you.

Escott

Kaizen68

Aug 25, 2004
"EL LECHERON" has to get his dos cheles into this;

Agreed...
They'll never get it, but that's what makes DR such a diversified mix; "De poetas, bomberos y locos, TODOS tenemos un poco". On a day like today, let us ALL do a Reginal Denny and " just get along"; let us give thanks to all those soldiers (not just Americans, but coalition troops as well, although not all celebrate this day). Thank all those who've made the ultimate sacrifice while those of us are "in the rear with the gear"; give thanks for the simple things that permits us to travel or live away from our native land. Give thanks for coexistence...!
Visit a poor neighborhood (how many of us can honestly say we've done this?) and give thanks to your creator for giving us just a bit more than lots of these folks. Yes, give thanks for the morenita (or sanki) who is dating an old pellejo de hombre o mujer who otherwise would not have purpose in life. Give thanks...not just for today, but for everyday your creator allows you to see the rising sun. Give thanks for those who bash platanos world wide, mandenle un rayo de luz a los que le deseen mal.

GRACIAS... por ser como soy

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
Make up your mind AZB !!

Enough of dominican bashing.

Then you go and call all poor Dominicans and North Coast Dominicans a bunch of nasty names - so who is doing the bashing now???
You are doing the same thing that got you so riled up in the first place! LOL

Although, in a roundabout way, I do agree with some of your points, you certainly could of worded them differently!

What I would like to know, is why foreigners go to live in or frequent the DR, only to critisize the Dominican people. They should feel lucky to be able to follow their dream of living in a tropical climate, and if they don't like the people then they should move elsewhere. Nobody is forcing them to stay, can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen!!!!

I think the widespread lack of respect for the people and the country that allows them to stay and live in their country is reprehensible. I can't understand the mentality of people who think because they live in this country that everyone should bend over backwards for them, change their lifestyles to one that the foreigner feels is acceptable. It is the Dominicans' country, leave them alone, you are a guest in their country!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think the attitudes and actions of these type of foreigners have caused more damage to this country and its people than any leader has ever done.

gringo in dr

May 29, 2003
AZB you crack me up. First you say enough with the dominican bashing and then you procede to rip a new a$$hole to the majority of the dominicans.

You are by far one of the most predjudiced and ignorant persons I have ever heard.

Let me sum up what you have stated:

All ex pats living on the north coast are drunks, that run with whores and thieves.

All poor dominicans are whores and thieves.

All of AZB's friends are from the highest levels of dominican culture.

We will never meet his friends.

AZB will never meet our friends.

The dominicans that run the country pay for thier lights.

-0--------------------------------

The dominicans that run the country, the government, does not pay it's light bill. I believe they owe 650 million USD right now.

Some of the richest dominicans in power are the biggest thieves. How many of them drive stolen luxo cars/suvs???

Some of the nicest dominicans you will ever meet are the poorest ones. Unfortunatly AZB will never learn this as his nose is pointed too high to notice them.

Do you think the only people that are worth talking with are those with huge houses, new cars and large bank accounts? Do you not know that alot of the wealth was built by under handed dealings?

Have you ever thought why these generals tolerate you?

AZB you seem to hate predjudiced people. I don't know how you can stand yourself.

For someone that lives in a glass house, you sure do cast a lot of stones.

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
juanita said:
Ummm? and who was it again that said Dr1 was getting boring? :nervous:

Exactly! I can just see AZB sitting there laughing for getting everyone all up in arms about it including me. :nervous:

I figured it out after my second post. ;)

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
gringo in dr said:
AZB you crack me up. First you say enough with the dominican bashing and then you procede to rip a new a$$hole to the majority of the dominicans.

You are by far one of the most predjudiced and ignorant persons I have ever heard.

Let me sum up what you have stated:

All ex pats living on the north coast are drunks, that run with whores and thieves.

All poor dominicans are whores and thieves.

All of AZB's friends are from the highest levels of dominican culture.

We will never meet his friends.

AZB will never meet our friends.

The dominicans that run the country pay for thier lights.

-0--------------------------------

The dominicans that run the country, the government, does not pay it's light bill. I believe they owe 650 million USD right now.

Some of the richest dominicans in power are the biggest thieves. How many of them drive stolen luxo cars/suvs???

Some of the nicest dominicans you will ever meet are the poorest ones. Unfortunatly AZB will never learn this as his nose is pointed too high to notice them.

Do you think the only people that are worth talking with are those with huge houses, new cars and large bank accounts? Do you not know that alot of the wealth was built by under handed dealings?

Have you ever thought why these generals tolerate you?

AZB you seem to hate predjudiced people. I don't know how you can stand yourself.

For someone that lives in a glass house, you sure do cast a lot of stones.
gringo in DR, you have no clue as to what I am saying. You are just too gringo to realize that. You are exactly what I am talking about; you will live here 20 yrs and still not get it.
So let me sum it again. You will not see this on CNN, so naturally what I am saying is untrue. Right????
Ok, here we go again:
I have always talked against whores, chulos, barrio tigres and other dishonest dominicans in all of my posts. It so happens, they are all poor. You will not show me one hooker who is from a better class of dominicans. she is a hooker so thats what makes her a low life and thus, she goes out with anyone, shamelessly. No proud dominican is proud of her. same goes for the people you folks complain about.
What I am trying to say is that why not try to socialize with the better class dominicans? yes there are jerks in well-to-do circle of dominicans too but chances are they will not be a liability on you as the ones you hear about on DR1.
Let me give you examples of benefits and disadvantages of rich and poor dominicans:
if you mix with poor dominicans who look for foreigners then here is what you have to deal with:
Give them money all the time. Support their family and extended family in some cases. take care of her kids from another guy (s). If you ask them where to buy a nice used car, they have no idea. Ask them prices or deals on real estate, no idea. Ask them prices of items in supermarket, no idea. Ask them where to buy anything, no idea. Ask them for a good mechanic, no idea, ask them anything which has to do with legal dominican system, no idea. Ask them anything, no idea. If you fall into trouble, they have no contacts to help you. Ask them to tell you about dominican cultural activities...hahahahah. They only know, corner colmado, carwash and ambis disco. Poor have no power or political voice in DR. They are simply followers and workers.
Now about rich folks or folks with influential powers:
They are powerful lawyers or hold powerful positions in dominican society. I got my perminent residency card for free through a lawyer friend. I only paid legal government fees (to immigration office). When I moved to santiago, a rich business man gave me a free fridge without even knowing me for a week. Just gave me one and a washer machine (which I gave back because I had already bought one). Another rich dominican friend of mine signed for my garantee form in my immigration papers. My phone lines are in his name. He is responsible for my residence in DR. I get invited to spend weekends in their country houses with swimming pool and private parties. They pay for my dinner and bring me gifts when they travel. I do the same for them when I travel. These guys even pick up tabs of my visiting friends in restaurants. You have to fight with them to pay your bills. The decent class girls never order anyting expensive in restaurants and make you look good in public places. They get offended if you try to give them money for cab fare. These girls invite you to their home parties and make dinner for you. You don't have to drive 10 miles to pick them up, they come in their own cars.
their bothers and relatives help you out if you get involve in trouble. They usually know other influential folks. These folks don't throw garbage on the streets, they don't go to sosua or puerto plata to spend weekends and mingle with hookers. They look down upon people who marry hookers just like any other decent folks would from any country.
So please tell me, what are the rich educated dominicans are doing to you folks to deserve your disapproval of them? What am I losing by not socializing with the poor hookers and labor class dominicans? why are these decent upper middle class dominicans are deserved to be called pigs?
I fail to understand. Please explain to me, I am ignorant as "gringo in Dr" says.
AZB