Does anybody know what Isla Verde is Like?

Milani Man

Nov 17, 2004
Hi

I am going to be staying at The Isla Verde Beach Hotel for two weeks from Monday, Does anybody know anything about it?, it's location? local bars & nightlife?

I look forward to any comments

Thanks very much in advance.

Steve

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
You may have the wrong island. There is an Isla Verde Beach Hotel in Puerto Rico. Never heard of one in the DR. Check Google.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
I just remembered where and what about this place. They get mostly cheap German and English tourists there and I have heard they make so little from the tour companies and get paid so late that their food and services leave a lot to be desired. The place is about 3 kilometers from the main beach (where the wind surfers are) of Cabarete and no where near the Kite surfing.

If you stay there go out of the hotel and turn left. On the far side of the next corner is a small hotel and bar. They open after 7 and Collin is the owner. He is a real neat guy. Friday night is ladies night and there is a nice crowd there. Walk is less than 2 minutes away.

Beach is about a 15 minute walk but that is not the main beach.

Sorry but hope this helps.

Escott

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Yup, just saw it last night as we made our way from Sabaneta de Yasica to Sosua. Has a big sign on the road, and another sign close by reads 2 kms. to Cabarete beach! Well, well... we have an Isla Verde Hotel too.

Milani Man

Nov 17, 2004
Escott said:
I just remembered where and what about this place. They get mostly cheap German and English tourists there and I have heard they make so little from the tour companies and get paid so late that their food and services leave a lot to be desired. The place is about 3 kilometers from the main beach (where the wind surfers are) of Cabarete and no where near the Kite surfing.

If you stay there go out of the hotel and turn left. On the far side of the next corner is a small hotel and bar. They open after 7 and Collin is the owner. He is a real neat guy. Friday night is ladies night and there is a nice crowd there. Walk is less than 2 minutes away.

Beach is about a 15 minute walk but that is not the main beach.

Sorry but hope this helps.

Escott

Thanks, well I guess I'm going to be taking a lot of Taxi's

But I will try that bar/hotel, you don't know the name of it do you?

Cheers

Steve