Middle Eastern food in Santo Domingo

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Looks great but according to the article it's evenings only. Dinner research foundation, anyone?

Voyager

Mar 1, 2004
Nothing secret about arabic food!

My Spanish is not quite fluent yet (that was a self afflicting irony...) but I think that "...disfrutar de los secretos de la comida ?rabe y sus ricas combinaciones" means something about tasting the "secrets" of arabic cooking and the rich variations.

Only wanted to point out that there is nothing secret about arabic cooking! It does not require weird ingredients and is actually quite easy to cook in your own kitchen. If I can cook it (and I can!) then most people should be able to do it.

Been living in the Middle East for 6 years...

Barnabe

Dec 20, 2002
Lebanese food may not use as many ingredients as Indian food, but it takes time to prepare.

Is there an "arabic" cooking? I really don't know, but I wouldn't compare north african with lebanese food for instance.

Anyway if you can have a decent lebanese dinner for 250 rd$, as they say in the Caribe, it's a bargain. A good one at 500 would still be fair.

Barnab?

Voyager

Mar 1, 2004
Barnabe said:
Lebanese food may not use as many ingredients as Indian food, but it takes time to prepare.

Is there an "arabic" cooking? I really don't know, but I wouldn't compare north african with lebanese food for instance.

Anyway if you can have a decent lebanese dinner for 250 rd$, as they say in the Caribe, it's a bargain. A good one at 500 would still be fair.

Barnab?

Totally agree, Barnabe!

And in my personal view, Lebanese food is "the best"! Takes time to cook, but is not really difficult.

However, maybe we are digressing now from the Dominican issues of dr1...