Shipping in personal belongings

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
Could any of you kind folks tell me,,,

How much it "SHOULD" cost for customs clearance formalities, including the customs inspection. and then how much it will "REALLY" end up costing. I am bringing in one container (40ft) of personal belongings.

Thank you all in advance

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
1) Do you have Residencia?
2) Which port is your container going to?
3) What 'Personal Items' are in the container? Electrical goods. art collection?
4) Is a car included?
5) Who is the broker you are using & how often have they shipped to DR? If they are regulars at shipping stuff in, they should be far more reliable as a source for your information. If NOT regular shippers in - price is likely to go up at least 50%!!
6) Have you organised & CONTRACTED for 'door to door' service? If so, what town/area is the container to be delivered to?

If you are worried about posting this information on a public notice board, feel free to PM or e-mail me. ~ Grahame.

CG

Bronze
Sep 16, 2004
BushBaby said:
1) Do you have Residencia?
2) Which port is your container going to?
3) What 'Personal Items' are in the container? Electrical goods. art collection?
4) Is a car included?
5) Who is the broker you are using & how often have they shipped to DR? If they are regulars at shipping stuff in, they should be far more reliable as a source for your information. If NOT regular shippers in - price is likely to go up at least 50%!!
6) Have you organised & CONTRACTED for 'door to door' service? If so, what town/area is the container to be delivered to?

If you are worried about posting this information on a public notice board, feel free to PM or e-mail me. ~ Grahame.

Grahame, Thank you and in responce to your post.
Yes on the residencia, Haina, no large electrical goods, i think a sml tv and stereo, some paintings but hardly a collection of art, no car, broker has done this for years and I have organised the door to door. The door to door is my expence ( getting them all here, food etc. ) but it?s the customs clearance formalities and inspection that I?m questioning, the broker says that todays customs is nothing less than corrupt, corrupt, corrupt. Just currious if you had an idea of what it should cost (formalities and the inspection itself). Thanks for your help

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
CG-LT said:
Grahame, Thank you and in responce to your post.
Yes on the residencia, Haina, no large electrical goods, i think a sml tv and stereo, some paintings but hardly a collection of art, no car, broker has done this for years and I have organised the door to door. The door to door is my expence ( getting them all here, food etc. ) but it?s the customs clearance formalities and inspection that I?m questioning, the broker says that todays customs is nothing less than corrupt, corrupt, corrupt. Just currious if you had an idea of what it should cost (formalities and the inspection itself). Thanks for your help

I have sent you a PM in reply to yours earlier. If you haven't received it yet let me know & I will re-send it!! PIB, Can you help out here, being involved with importing you may be able to give some ball-park figures!! I am SURE you have a couple of good contacts CG-LT can talk to at least!! ~ Grahame

santiaguero

Dec 3, 2004
www.casayada.org
Shipping to DR

BushBaby said:
I have sent you a PM in reply to yours earlier. If you haven't received it yet let me know & I will re-send it!! PIB, Can you help out here, being involved with importing you may be able to give some ball-park figures!! I am SURE you have a couple of good contacts CG-LT can talk to at least!! ~ Grahame

BushBaby or PIB, I'm also moving to the DR and will be shipping in household belongings and possibly a car. Can you let me know of any contacts you have that would make this process easier and as inexpensive as possible? Thanks.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
santiaguero said:
BushBaby or PIB, I'm also moving to the DR and will be shipping in household belongings and possibly a car. Can you let me know of any contacts you have that would make this process easier and as inexpensive as possible? Thanks.

Have sent you a PM - Good Luck!! ~ Grahame.

Bella Dama

Dec 11, 2004
Need assistance on shipping and duty

I'm also moving to the DR and will be shipping in household belongings and possibly a car. Can you let me know of any contacts you have that would make this process easier and as inexpensive as possible? Thanks. I will be moving to caberete, January 2005.