Need a family/roomate to host me for 7 nights for us $100

jw2004

Nov 26, 2004
I have an unexpected round trip ticket to Puerta Plata Nov 30 - Dec 6. Will be looking around to purchase an apt/condo in Costambar/Puerta Plata/Souza/Cabarate/Samana area.
Anyone who can host me for 7 nights for us $100. I can sleep in the living room, no need for AC, local DR family is even better, I can learn some spanish and DR culture.
Also if you can share some buying apt/condo experience or stories. Would be much appreciate.
In view of the infrastructure and "you need to know a general" to get by type of stories, I think the people in DR is warm and friendly. If one can demand "less of a material things", this is a great place to take it "easy".

jerryme

Feb 1, 2004
You are BUYING an apartment but you only have $100.oo for a visit? How cheap do you think these properties are???????

miguel

I didn't last long...
Jul 2, 2003
El diablo!!!

jw2004 said:
I have an unexpected round trip ticket to Puerta Plata Nov 30 - Dec 6. Will be looking around to purchase an apt/condo in Costambar/Puerta Plata/Souza/Cabarate/Samana area.
Anyone who can host me for 7 nights for us $100. I can sleep in the living room, no need for AC, local DR family is even better, I can learn some spanish and DR culture.
Also if you can share some buying apt/condo experience or stories. Would be much appreciate.
In view of the infrastructure and "you need to know a general" to get by type of stories, I think the people in DR is warm and friendly. If one can demand "less of a material things", this is a great place to take it "easy".
Since you are buying a apt, that means that you have some money, so why are you willing to pay only US 14.00 a day for someone to let you live with them for 7 nights.

Now put yourself in someone else's shoes, would you let a perfect stranger sleep in your house for US 14.00 a day?. If you say yes, you are insane!!!!

lilcanadiangal

Jan 23, 2004
Being helpful

It really makes me wonder why the people on this board prefer to attack the people asking questions or giving information, rather than actually helping them out. Is that not the focus of this message board?

Who cares what the guy's reasons are of why he only wants to pay 100 bucks. Maybe that's all he wants to pay. 3000 pesos or whatever for a Dominican family is quite a bit and perhaps he wanted to help out and also experience a bit of the real Dominican Republic in the process. No matter what his reasons are, why do you respond without any useful information?

I do agree that it's difficult to open up your home to someone you do not know, which probably accounts for the small number of replies received. Why don't you try looking into hostels or small inexpensive hotels? I'm sure you'll be able to find something, even if you may have to pay a tad more than the 100 you want to.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
lilcanadiangal said:
It really makes me wonder why the people on this board prefer to attack the people asking questions or giving information, rather than actually helping them out. Is that not the focus of this message board?

Who cares what the guy's reasons are of why he only wants to pay 100 bucks. Maybe that's all he wants to pay. 3000 pesos or whatever for a Dominican family is quite a bit and perhaps he wanted to help out and also experience a bit of the real Dominican Republic in the process. No matter what his reasons are, why do you respond without any useful information?

I do agree that it's difficult to open up your home to someone you do not know, which probably accounts for the small number of replies received. Why don't you try looking into hostels or small inexpensive hotels? I'm sure you'll be able to find something, even if you may have to pay a tad more than the 100 you want to.[/QUOTE]

These points have been made to the poster over the last week by e-mail. As 'Flash' internet connection is required, closeness to Puerto Plata town & a need to be hosted rather than living in a self contained apartment (fully furnished 1 B/R, bath, kitchen & lounge/dining area at approx US $100) it becomes impossible to find someone with the space available prepared to do it at the price required. I have tried believe me!!! ~ Grahame.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
lilcanadiangal said:

I do agree that it's difficult to open up your home to someone you do not know, which probably accounts for the small number of replies received. Why don't you try looking into hostels or small inexpensive hotels? I'm sure you'll be able to find something, even if you may have to pay a tad more than the 100 you want to.
Some people are hard to understand for sure. 3000 pesos may be the total rent of some Dominican families and maybe if they had computers to read here they would welcome him with open arms but they probably don't even know about the post.