On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Las Tres Mariposas

For those that are interested. Please celebrate the lives of "Las Tres Mariposas". These women were true heros in the history of the Dominican Republic. The anniversary of their untimely deaths just passed on November 25.

http://www.learntoquestion.com/seeva...ish/index.html
    Last edited by DominicanScotty; 11-27-2004 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Mispelling

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Read about them too

Quote Originally Posted by DominicanScotty
    For those that are interested. Please celebrate the lives of "Las Tres Mariposas". These women were true heros in the history of the Dominican Republic. The anniversary of their untimely deaths just passed on November 25.

http://www.learntoquestion.com/seeva...ish/index.html
    If you can find it there is a wonderful book by Julia Alvirez, a Dominican Vermonter, In the Time of the Butterflies. Las Tres Mariposas live vividly in her writing. In fact, if you can find any of her books, read them. Most of them have a Dominican connection.

On Vacation!
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ninapup
    If you can find it there is a wonderful book by Julia Alvirez, a Dominican Vermonter, In the Time of the Butterflies. Las Tres Mariposas live vividly in her writing. In fact, if you can find any of her books, read them. Most of them have a Dominican connection.

Yes, I have it and there is also a movie out starring Salma Hayek, Edward James Olmos and Marc Anthony. I stop everytime I drive by where they were murdered on the cumbre between Puerto Plata and Santiago I think and remeber them.

Scottie