Las Tres Mariposas

ninapup

Sep 16, 2004
Read about them too

DominicanScotty said:
For those that are interested. Please celebrate the lives of "Las Tres Mariposas". These women were true heros in the history of the Dominican Republic. The anniversary of their untimely deaths just passed on November 25.

http://www.learntoquestion.com/seevak/groups/2000/sites/mirabal/English/index.html

If you can find it there is a wonderful book by Julia Alvirez, a Dominican Vermonter, In the Time of the Butterflies. Las Tres Mariposas live vividly in her writing. In fact, if you can find any of her books, read them. Most of them have a Dominican connection.

DominicanScotty

On Vacation!
Jun 12, 2004
Thanks

ninapup said:
If you can find it there is a wonderful book by Julia Alvirez, a Dominican Vermonter, In the Time of the Butterflies. Las Tres Mariposas live vividly in her writing. In fact, if you can find any of her books, read them. Most of them have a Dominican connection.

Yes, I have it and there is also a movie out starring Salma Hayek, Edward James Olmos and Marc Anthony. I stop everytime I drive by where they were murdered on the cumbre between Puerto Plata and Santiago I think and remeber them.

Scottie