Porfi in the spotlight

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
No, not our Porfi.

This is a question about the forthcoming movie about one of the Dominican Republic's most infamous claims to fame, international playboy, seducer of starlets, heiresses and daughters of dictators: Porfirio Rubirosa.

My informers tell me that the filming is about to start here in the DR. Antonio Banderas is supposed to be playing Rubirosa.

Does anyone else know anything about this?

In my search for information about the movie I stumbled upon this site. It has some information about PR but I enjoyed some of the turns of phrase, almost certainly courtesy of internet translation programmes:
his loops with the Trujillo family were reinforced when Rubirosa established a deep friendship with Ramfis
and
But Europe attracted him with particular anxiety.
Heh!

Anyone?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
joel pacheco said:
What exactly are you asking about?

The movie - locations, cast, crew, timing of filming and any other pieces of information associated with it. Are you involved?

Sep 20, 2003
No, I'm do work in the film industry, but only in the United States, and I'm not involved with this project.

I believe there is a link (on the thread)to a Dominican newspaper which talks about the film project involving Antonio Banderas.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Thanks, that one came up on Google too.

BTW, I've got some more photos of the Fiesta del Chivo car, this time with the bullet holes, and will post them in the next day or two.

Sep 20, 2003
This should be of some assitance. The Internet Movie Data Base lists the films, crews, biographies,etc of people working in the film industry.

Here is the current listing for Antonio Banderas:http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000104

At this time the project is not listed on his site, but that really means nothing. It took several weeks after you showed me the website of "Feast of The Goat" before it was even listed on the Internet Movie Data Base.

Here is the site for that film:http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0428532

Last edited: