Condos Dominicanos

jw2004

Nov 26, 2004
Anyone who has long term rental or purchase experience in this complex.
How much is the maintenance fee for owner. Any experience with reliability with Flash in this complex. Appreciate your input.

Tor

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
jw2004 said:
Anyone who has long term rental or purchase experience in this complex.
How much is the maintenance fee for owner. Any experience with reliability with Flash in this complex. Appreciate your input.

The maintenance fee varies with the size of the apparment, but is very high. The Flash is too slow for all of my use, but I have asked the manager to consider an uppgrade, so I hope it will get a bit faster. The last times I have tested the connection, I have received 215 kb/s.

jw2004

Nov 26, 2004
Is that what they call DSL Flash in Sosua

Tor said:
The maintenance fee varies with the size of the apparment, but is very high. The Flash is too slow for all of my use, but I have asked the manager to consider an uppgrade, so I hope it will get a bit faster. The last times I have tested the connection, I have received 215 kb/s.
I have a basic residential DSL from Telus, Canada. Cost cdn $35/month (that is about 900 peso/month) My house is not even close to the central office (the DSLAM back end). I am getting average of 1000-1200 kb/s. (if you are close to the central office, you get 1,500 kb/s)
Very disappointing, unless one main DSL line goes to the apt complex and then split by a router. :cry:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
jw2004 said:
I have a basic residential DSL from Telus, Canada. Cost cdn $35/month (that is about 900 peso/month) My house is not even close to the central office (the DSLAM back end). I am getting average of 1000-1200 kb/s. (if you are close to the central office, you get 1,500 kb/s)
Very disappointing, unless one main DSL line goes to the apt complex and then split by a router. :cry:

That's exactly how it's done. 1 line, 1 router, many users.