Hillbilly's son wins big in golf

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Marcos Midence, son of DR1's own Hillbilly, won the category A of the National Golf Tour 2004 at Playa Dorada yesterday. Congratulations!
His pa can tell us about it because he was there when his son won.

Spirit7

Aug 26, 2004
Congrats to Hillbilly...

Congrats to Hillbilly and his son; it's always good to hear positive news about DR1'ers.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Dolores said:
Marcos Midence, son of DR1's own Hillbilly, won the category A of the National Golf Tour 2004 at Playa Dorada yesterday. Congratulations!

??????????
Dolores, you trying to confuse the Hell out of me???

The Great Curmudgeon was playing golf with ME yesterday at Las Aromas in Santiago! No WAY was he in Playa Dorada!! AND as far as I was aware, Marco (no 's' as I am aware) was in a competition in Jarabacoa!

I have checked this with Marco 3 minutes ago & it appears you are referring to the competition in Playa Dorada that Marco won last week (Sunday 21st). Our congrats go to Marco regardless & doubtless the "Old man" will sign in later when he returns from teaching at University, to advise more details!!

By the way Hlywud, are you referring to HB's PUTTER or do I have some explaining to do to Asuncion about the the curmudgeon's straying from the coup???? I don't mind lieing for THAT excellent man's good name, but I would prefer not to if it can be avoided!!! ~ Grahame.

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
The marvels of this forum... where the truth prevails. Dropped by to see Hillbilly and Asuncion on the way back from Puerto Plata told me he was playing golf with you...

In my excitement about reading of Marco's win, dropping by and seeing Hillbilly with his clubs and having just returned from playing, added two and two and got 5. When I read about Marco's win, supposed he had been there to see Marco's win.

Regardless, we all celebrate Marco's continuing to do well in golf.

tomgallo

*** Sin Bin ***
Mar 25, 2004
Dolores said:

Congratulations to hillbilly son and familly. Well done!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
2004 Dominican Federation Tour

The Tour is for all of the amateur golfers-adults, since there is a completely separate series for the kids under 17- and includes most of the country's fine courses. Sto Dgo Country Club, Las Aromas, Las Lagunas, Guavaberry, La Romana (this year the Country Club) Bavaro, Playa Grande and Playa Dorada.
Generally speaking, Marco has been undefeated over the past two or three years at the courses in the North: Las Aromas, Playa Dorada and Playa Grande, and in the South, he is usually 2nd, with an occasional first. His main competition is Juan Campusano (a.k.a. Juan Manita, because he plays cross-handed!).

Marco told me that LAst Sunday's match (the 21st) was one of the most exciting he had played in. A bogey on 17 and then an easy par on 18 sealed the deal, since ties were decided on the best last holes. What made it exciting was that he was three strokes down starting the day and made them up against some of the best.

The one feather missing in his cap is the National. Perhaps when they play it in Playa Grande, hopefully. A few years ago he shot a 67 at Metro in the National but the next day he shot a 77....AAAAGGRRRGH! Golf is called golf because all the other good four letter words were already used up...

Wud's joke about the Putter is true. He uses my putter...now I have to use one of his discards...

Thank you kindly, I will pass on your kind comments.

HB :D:D

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Congrats Marco

Hillbilly said:
Sto Dgo Country Club, Las Aromas, Las Lagunas, Guavaberry, La Romana (this year the Country Club) Bavaro, Playa Grande and Playa Dorada.HB :D:D
Great news HB.
On my next visit I want to finish up the few remaining courses we have yet to play.

Leave Marco at home this time. He's the first person I've ever played with that could out-drive me?and it threw my game off (I have other excuses if I already used that one ;) ).

We need to get Marco up to Colorado and see what he can do in the thin air. 450-500yds is quite possible for him. Best golfing experience of my life?after Playa Grande of course.

I'd love to see it.

georgios

Oct 2, 2004
Greek salutations to Marco

Hillbilly said:
The Tour is for all of the amateur golfers-adults, since there is a completely separate series for the kids under 17- and includes most of the country's fine courses. Sto Dgo Country Club, Las Aromas, Las Lagunas, Guavaberry, La Romana (this year the Country Club) Bavaro, Playa Grande and Playa Dorada.
Generally speaking, Marco has been undefeated over the past two or three years at the courses in the North: Las Aromas, Playa Dorada and Playa Grande, and in the South, he is usually 2nd, with an occasional first. His main competition is Juan Campusano (a.k.a. Juan Manita, because he plays cross-handed!).

Marco told me that LAst Sunday's match (the 21st) was one of the most exciting he had played in. A bogey on 17 and then an easy par on 18 sealed the deal, since ties were decided on the best last holes. What made it exciting was that he was three strokes down starting the day and made them up against some of the best.

The one feather missing in his cap is the National. Perhaps when they play it in Playa Grande, hopefully. A few years ago he shot a 67 at Metro in the National but the next day he shot a 77....AAAAGGRRRGH! Golf is called golf because all the other good four letter words were already used up...

Wud's joke about the Putter is true. He uses my putter...now I have to use one of his discards...

Thank you kindly, I will pass on your kind comments.

HB :D:D

Cheering for Marco from Toronto, Canada...Georgios.