Fernandez in NY

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Does anyone have information on the activity related to the New York system of community colleges in which President Fernandez will participate? Is there a URL of a web site where information on this activity is posted? Thank you in advance for letting us know.

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
Dolores,

Off the top of my head I would check the Hostos Community College website.
This is the community college school with the largest Dominican population in NY. I check but it doesn't look like they keep their website current.

I know that Leonel will be in NY December 5, as part of a presentation with the Dominican Studies Institute, here is the link to that:

http://www.ccny.cuny.edu/dsi/contacts.htm

This is an RSVP session so just call and ask if they can forward the info to you directly. I wouldn't want Dr. H. to chop off my head.

Best,
D

Dolores said:
Does anyone have information on the activity related to the New York system of community colleges in which President Fernandez will participate? Is there a URL of a web site where information on this activity is posted? Thank you in advance for letting us know.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
LF talk in NYC

deelt said:
Dolores,

Off the top of my head I would check the Hostos Community College website.
This is the community college school with the largest Dominican population in NY. I check but it doesn't look like they keep their website current.

I know that Leonel will be in NY December 5, as part of a presentation with the Dominican Studies Institute, here is the link to that:

http://www.ccny.cuny.edu/dsi/contacts.htm

This is an RSVP session so just call and ask if they can forward the info to you directly. I wouldn't want Dr. H. to chop off my head.

Best,
D

I have a reservation for this talk on Sunday in NYC. Are there any other DR1 people planning on attending? PM me if you want to meet up.

JOHN

DMAO

Oct 30, 2004
Long Island

On Long Island, Leonel went to Molloy College in Rockville Centre when he was running for prez. There is a large Dominican population on LI, so I don't see why he would not go there. Try checking there.
www.molloy.edu or (516)674-5000

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
On Sunday, 5 December, President Fernandez is scheduled for a visit to City College at 2 pm for an event organized by the Global Foundation for Development and Democracy and the CUNY Dominican Studies Institute at the City College of New York. The book, "Building Strategic Partnerships for Development: Dominican Republic-New York State" will be launched. The book is a collection of essays written by community activists, scholars and elected officials dealing with the advancement of Dominicans in New York and in the DR.
The following day, President Leonel Fernandez is scheduled to participate in a 6 December energy forum in New York City. The discussion will focus on energy policy and its effect on security, development and climate. Former President Bill Clinton will deliver the keynote address and, aside from President Leonel Fernandez, other speakers will include Senator Joe Lieberman, James Wolfensohn (the president of the World Bank), and Dr John Deutch, the former director of the CEA.
See http://www.clintonpresidentialcenter.org/112304-nr-foundation-announces-energy-forum.htm

deelt

Bronze
Mar 23, 2004
Fyi

Last, I heard, on Friday, both sessions were booked. It is waiting list room only.

Dolores said:
On Sunday, 5 December, President Fernandez is scheduled for a visit to City College at 2 pm for an event organized by the Global Foundation for Development and Democracy and the CUNY Dominican Studies Institute at the City College of New York. The book, "Building Strategic Partnerships for Development: Dominican Republic-New York State" will be launched. The book is a collection of essays written by community activists, scholars and elected officials dealing with the advancement of Dominicans in New York and in the DR.
The following day, President Leonel Fernandez is scheduled to participate in a 6 December energy forum in New York City. The discussion will focus on energy policy and its effect on security, development and climate. Former President Bill Clinton will deliver the keynote address and, aside from President Leonel Fernandez, other speakers will include Senator Joe Lieberman, James Wolfensohn (the president of the World Bank), and Dr John Deutch, the former director of the CEA.
See http://www.clintonpresidentialcenter.org/112304-nr-foundation-announces-energy-forum.htm