ACID wash for tile

jerryme

Feb 1, 2004
I am trying to see if anyone knows someone who "acid" washes ceramic floor tile. The tile is about 10 years old with very dirty grout, because obviously Dominicans know nothing aboput sealing tiles after it is installed. I need this done for a condo in Cabarete. I don't need the "typical Dominican" so called tile cleaning of a mop and scrub brush. I am sure someone down there does this type of work. If anyone knows of someone who does this and they speak some english please let me know.
Thank you

I am also looking for someone who makes a vinyl clad glass window for a bedroom and someone that can make granito counters for a kitchen. I only have one week (next week) to get all this done. Any contacts would be appreciated.

jerryme

Feb 1, 2004
why even post at all then PIB? That wasn't anti Dominican . They do not know about sealing tiles , genius

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
jerryme said:
why even post at all then PIB? That wasn't anti Dominican . They do not know about sealing tiles , genius

Maybe it's just the Dominicans you know that know nothing about sealing tiles.

If I was Dominican, I would take offense at that comment, especially if I knew someone that could and does seal tiles.

Yes, plenty of high end places here have sealed tiles. I have seen them and they have been laid and sealed by Dominicans.

I have no idea up north who acid washes and seals tiles.
I'm sure someome does on the board besides Pib and I'm sure the yellow pages has a few people as well :)

Toronto2inDR

Jun 10, 2004
www.legendhomesnorthcoast.com
Muriatic acid works wonders. We moved into a place with light gray tiles and dark gray grout. We cleaned with bleach water and everything was fine but then we noticed that there was some mold around the shower so someone suggested to use Muriatic acid on the mold and it will clean it right up.

Next thing we knew the washroom actually had white tiles and grout so we ended up having to do the whole apartment and it worked great just make sure not to get it on any metals even stainless!!!

The granite counter tops are a custom job and that can take some time to measure/cut/install about a month.

jerryme

Feb 1, 2004
I know about the muratic acid thats what we use in the US. I tried to bring some on the airplane (checked bags) once and it was confiscated. In Ochoa 8 in Santiago they had no clue as to what it was.

La Profe_1

Moderator: Daily Headline News, Travel & Tourism
Oct 15, 2003
I buy muriatic acid at Supermercado Tropical in Puerto Plata. Look for acido muriatico.

Peter & Alex

Bronze
May 3, 2003
www.rainbowsenddr.com
Buy your muriactic acid at the American Water Works in Sosua - they stock it for adding to swimming pools to bring up the ph values. Just be careful when using it as it will burn a hole in your skin!
New place in Sosua on Pedro Clisante does plastic/vinyl clad windows!