Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Murder in Terramar???

The following quotation is from "Gerd" in another thread. Can anyone confirm or deny this item. Any details? Thanks.

"Alfred Reh, a german resident in Terramar, Sosua, died on Friday 26th, November 2004, due to the gunshot wounds he suffered during the brutal attack of 4 armed men on Sunday, November 21st at 10A.M. in his villa.

This was nowhere in the news, and I just heard about it because I knew the gentleman personally.
    Terramar and other real estate businessess have no interest in such publicity.

His villa is for sale at a good price now."

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Where exactly is Terramar? - D

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Just before Sosua Abajo on the left going to the Airport.

How much are they asking for the house?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

One would think that the ownership issue would have to be cleared through a court first, re: inheritance, will, etc.

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg
    Can anyone confirm or deny this item. Any details? Thanks.

I just spoke with the widow. The story is true but one important item. When Albert saw the four men running up to the house , he went to get his pistol and fired a few warning shots. When he wanted to recharge, he was so nervous, that he shot himself.

Im sorry to have posted incorrect information, that I was given from someone else first.

The house is for sale and John Bommarito will probably buy it.

Gold
    Post Thanks / Like

Well like all things Dominican we have no idea what actually happened. Same thing with the houses bulldozed etc.

I hope we are not going to hear an endless amount of speculation on how bad things are here now.

How much is the house?

Bronze
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Safe or unsafe?

Regardless of the details, it's a fact that people have guns in their houses because they believe crime is rampant. I'm scared of guns and won't have one in my house. People who have never been to New York think that it is not a safe place to live, yet I live in uptown Manhattan and feel completely safe. So, anecdotal evidence aside, how dangerous is Sosua, or Puerto Plata, etc? Ken, HB, Grahame, Lambada - the long time residents - how safe do you feel? - D

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Danny W
    Regardless of the details, it's a fact that people have guns in their houses because they believe crime is rampant. I'm scared of guns and won't have one in my house. People who have never been to New York think that it is not a safe place to live, yet I live in uptown Manhattan and feel completely safe. So, anecdotal evidence aside, how dangerous is Sosua, or Puerto Plata, etc? Ken, HB, Grahame, Lambada - the long time residents - how safe do you feel? - D
    Wasn't he trying to defend himself against 4 people with weopons?

Regular
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Terramar is secure?

OK thanks for the clarifications. it is very sad to hear of someone losing his life over his possessions. he must have really felt threatened.

but do we have the story right? there were 4 armed robbers invading a home in Terramar on a Sunday at 10:00 am? in broad daylight?

i thought there was security at Terramar. saw a few guards there myself. did the guards respond? how did the robbers enter (maybe through the wide-open fields aroud Terramar)?

Silver
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Gregg
    OK thanks for the clarifications. it is very sad to hear of someone losing his life over his possessions. he must have really felt threatened.

but do we have the story right? there were 4 armed robbers invading a home in Terramar on a Sunday at 10:00 am? in broad daylight?

i thought there was security at Terramar. saw a few guards there myself. did the guards respond? how did the robbers enter (maybe through the wide-open fields aroud Terramar)?
    Yep, I too smell something fishy here Gregg.

Unsolved Mystery and Cold Case Files are my favorite shows on TV and after watching so many of them ....I would closely investigate any family members starting with his wife, especially if she is much younger than him.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast