Where to find a double sink?

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
I'm currently in the process of building a house in The DR. My wife and I want a double sink in our master bathroom. I was just there this past weekend, but only for the weekend. I went to Ferreteria Ochoa in Santiago and they didn't have them. Has anyone seen these anywhere in The DR or are these custom jobs down there?
Also is there a place where I can get bath vanities (sink and cabinet)? I don't care for those pedestal sinks that people put in their bathrooms. Ochoa had a couple, but they were very expensive (about 15k pesos each) and they didn't match the colors that I needed. I thought about just buying the sink tops, and have someone build me the vanity (cabinet), but I'm reluctant to do this as they never look as good as if they were mass produced.
Any help will be appreciated.

solituna

Jan 26, 2004
Go to Santo Domingo

Try Hache or Americana.
I've seen quite a lot of items for bathrooms at the Americana.

Good luck!

suarezn

Gold
Feb 3, 2002
Juanita: Thanks for the info. I looked at their site and then again it does not appear that they have the double sinks with the vanity type that I'm looking for, at least in their website. I will try to get in touch with them and see what they say...
Doesn't anybody have these at home?

Mr_DR

Silver
May 12, 2002
suarezn said:
Juanita: Thanks for the info. I looked at their site and then again it does not appear that they have the double sinks with the vanity type that I'm looking for, at least in their website. I will try to get in touch with them and see what they say...
Doesn't anybody have these at home?

Why not get some pictures of the sink you want and have them place a special order for you ? They usually do that.