Wood-carving with texts

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Hi everyone,
My friend has opened a latin bar here in Belgium and is looking for wood-carved plates to put on the toilet doors saying 'ba?os' or 'damas' and 'caballeros' with some funny design to it.
Does anyone know of a place in the DR where they sell this sort of wood-carvings for commercial use? The typical souvenirs stores/shacks don't have these specific things on offer. I will be back in the DR on the 10th!!
Thanks
Bartolomeo

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I know of a woodwork shop that will make things up to YOUR design at a very competitive rate. Integracion Jovenil (which is a school for depressed, battered & deprived children here in Puerto Plata) has a most FANTASTIC teacher of woodwork. He is going to make some things up to sell at golf courses from an idea I gave him & could handle your requirements without any problems! Price will be for materials & a bit of labour as most will be done by his students!! E-mail me with your plans, descriptions & design etc if you wish me to put the idea in front of him!! ~ Grahame.

Bartolomeo67

Mar 18, 2004
Hi Grahame,
good idea but I had hoped some stores would have these ready made-up.
I will try to find some designs in next couple of days.
In the meantime if anyone else has some ideas or has had this done, please give me your opinions.
Thanks
Bart