Falafel Anyone?

JohnB

Sep 23, 2004
Hi Guys....
Does anyone know of a falafel joint in Gazcue called the Falafel King or something like that....anyone got its street address???

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Never been there but noticed it while driving past. It's in a small shopping centre on Avenida Independencia a short way past the intersection with Alma Mater.

Marcus

Mar 13, 2002
Another Falafel Fan

I went on Saturday in the afternoon and it looked like it has been closed down. You can go and check for yourself. It could have been an off day, but the inside was a mess suggesting to me it was closed.

There are two other falafel places that I go to often. One, is in the colonial zone and is reasonably priced. The other is on Churchill in the same shopping center as Baskin Robbins (there is also a GNC in the same plaza but opposite the main entrance). The place on churchill is a little pricey for a small sized sandwich, but it is the best I found so far.

Although, I have been to both of them a number of times, I still don't know the names.

Mark :)

JohnB

Sep 23, 2004
Yep, the place I was looking for is alive and apparently very well. I found it down in ciudad colonial, going by the name of Falafel El Rey on Calle Padre Billini and Sanchez, though it's not apparent from the outside - no signs - no name, just the falafel aroma and the sound of music. It's kind of Dominicanised rather than Medio Oriente but a great place for a fun evening, falafel is good, so's the shwarma and a great atmosphere.

juanita

Bronze
Apr 22, 2004
JDJones said:
What is a Falafel?

Falafel are vegetarian "meat balls" made of chickpeas and fried, served in a Pita bread with lettuce and some garlic sauce....very very good stuff! ;)

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Escott said:
Chiri, post the address of the Falafel we had Sunday night. It was pretty good and the fellow that owned it was a nice guy.

Also called Rey del Falafel (same people as the one in the Colonial Zone)

It's on Calle Jose Amado Soler 47, Ens. Serralles, between Ave. Lincoln and Lope de Vega.