Car rentals

splarsen

Nov 24, 2004
Hi I have read that by using your Visa Etc you can by pass paying extra for insurance. But according to the credit card companies they cover collission, theft etc, but not liability of you injuring someone or something.

I have seen places to buy insurance for $7.00 per day and not the $13.00 per day that I have been quoted. Can anyone help?

FYI my insurance agent says not to trust the credit card companies unless you get it in writing.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
splarsen said:
Hi I have read that by using your Visa Etc you can by pass paying extra for insurance. But according to the credit card companies they cover collission, theft etc, but not liability of you injuring someone or something.

I have seen places to buy insurance for $7.00 per day and not the $13.00 per day that I have been quoted. Can anyone help?

FYI my insurance agent says not to trust the credit card companies unless you get it in writing.

Ask your agent if your liability insurance covers liability for rented autos. Mine does, 2 million worth. It was a $10 or $15 add on to my premium. Your credit card company will have the terms of rental coverage in what they sent you with the card, on their web site and in the case of Visa, the Visa North America web site has the terms and conditions for all Visa cards with this feature.

splarsen

Nov 24, 2004
Thanks

ricktoronto said:
Ask your agent if your liability insurance covers liability for rented autos. Mine does, 2 million worth. It was a $10 or $15 add on to my premium. Your credit card company will have the terms of rental coverage in what they sent you with the card, on their web site and in the case of Visa, the Visa North America web site has the terms and conditions for all Visa cards with this feature.

He never mentioned that but I will give it a whirl. Figures in Ma they won't tell you a thing as they have a complete monoply with no competition.