First time visitor to DR looking for info. on car rentals

timedoc

Dec 1, 2004
Hi! I'm excited about my upcoming visit to the DR - I've been reading up on it and am really looking forward to exploring and experiencing the country. I decided to rent a car and found a great website called "Adventure-Rent- A -Car" and have arranged to pick up a car at the airport. THEN, I started reading that you should be careful of car car rental scams and got a little paranoid! Has anyone heard of this company? Any feedback? MY plan is to drive around the North Coast starting around Punta Cana and heading east - anyone have any suggestions in terms of must sees or must dos? Thanks in advance!!

HI Again! I goofed, reading too many tour books at once and creeping senility can be dangerous... My question was about driving from Puerto Plata and down the coast. Robert, thanks for the info about Gypsy. Anybody have any thoughts about places to see things to do in that area? Also, I have gotten some feedback that driving in the DR can be somewhat dangerous - could it be any worse than NYC in rush hour, Hong Kong, Rome, etc?

Last edited:
timedoc said:
Hi! I'm excited about my upcoming visit to the DR - I've been reading up on it and am really looking forward to exploring and experiencing the country. I decided to rent a car and found a great website called "Adventure-Rent- A -Car" and have arranged to pick up a car at the airport. THEN, I started reading that you should be careful of car car rental scams and got a little paranoid! Has anyone heard of this company? Any feedback? MY plan is to drive around the North Coast starting around Punta Cana and heading east - anyone have any suggestions in terms of must sees or must dos? Thanks in advance!!

If your starting in Punta Cana and going East you better rent a boat and have a car waiting in Puerto Rico! ;) I could also hook you up with some people that want to come for the ride and they will pay for the gas ;)
Badpiece