Vintage Vespa

Twilight

Oct 15, 2004
I was wondering if anyone knew if it's possible to import a vintage Vespa motorscooter (pasola) from the US? What's the proper procedure? It would be a restored one from the 60's or 70's, and vintage Vespas are collectible.

Any recomendations for a door-to-door shipping company who could handle
this at a flat pre-quoted fee?

Unless, or course, anyone knows of a restored Vespa for sale down here?

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Scooters

Twilight said:
I was wondering if anyone knew if it's possible to import a vintage Vespa motorscooter (pasola) from the US? What's the proper procedure? It would be a restored one from the 60's or 70's, and vintage Vespas are collectible.

Any recomendations for a door-to-door shipping company who could handle
this at a flat pre-quoted fee?

Unless, or course, anyone knows of a restored Vespa for sale down here?

Speak to any shipping agent that transports to the DR and they will tell you how much it will cost. There are no restrictions in bringing Vintage scooters into the DR. Sometimes import duties are more than the value of the item being shipped.
I have seen many old Vespa 50 and 90 Specials and 150 Supers in bad condition. That show up now and then. At a vintage car fair recently I saw 2 restored GS Vespas which were not for sale. Occasionally there appears the odd Lambretta or Servetta. People do not really rate them much in this country. Spares are also hard to get. They were popular 20 years ago.

mountainfrog

On Vacation!
Dec 8, 2003
www.domrep-info.com
Vespa 150

I bought a Vespa here a few years ago.
A company imported a few from India, where they are manufactured under the Piaggio license.
It's a very fine scooter with an all metal chassis.
She hasn't done more than 500 km yet.
What a shame!
m'frog