Need info about Montero Shipping in NY

nugirlnyc

Nov 1, 2004
Hello, I am planning on shipping items (major) to the Dominican Republic with Montero Shipping, I was wondering if anyone here might have some information on this company or any experiences in shipping with them. Any info might help. Thanks

Kaizen68

Aug 25, 2004
Find out where in DR their office is located; if their office is located in either Santiago, La Vega (Cibao area), I shipped with them a few times. One bad experience with them was that I shipped to SDQ they picked up in Haina, took the merchandise to their HQ, contacted me and delivered three (days) later, but only delivered one of two; two days later I got my last piece of the shipment. :classic: "MONTERO SHIPPING"

p2020

May 28, 2004
I have used them

nugirlnyc said:
Hello, I am planning on shipping items (major) to the Dominican Republic with Montero Shipping, I was wondering if anyone here might have some information on this company or any experiences in shipping with them. Any info might help. Thanks

I moved from Boston to Santo Domingo almost two years ago and used Montero to bring all our stuff (furniture and all personal belongings). The only complain I have is on the packaging. The packed the furniture with cardboard, without adding a layer of paper or bubblewrap underneath to protect it. It was my first cross country move of that magnitude so I did not know any better.

They gave me boxes to pack all my personal stuff and I did a much better job than they did.

In the end, everything arrived and some of the furniture got a little bit damaged, but not terribly. If it had been expensive furniture i would have been more upset.

You should also check out La Rosa del Monte, which I think has larger operations in New York and the North East.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
p2020 said:
In the end, everything arrived and some of the furniture got a little bit damaged, but not terribly. If it had been expensive furniture i would have been more upset.
Did they compensate you for the damage?

p2020

May 28, 2004
rellosk said:
Did they compensate you for the damage?

It was only chipped corners of the bed and other minor stuff. They also lost a plastic leg cap of an expensive chair and left a gas tank in Boston.

They did not compensate me for anything. In fact, they acted like they didn't know what was going on and I gave up since I was able to get the store where I bought the chair to send me the cap (that's service!) and that was what mattered the most to me.

That is why I am saying that you need to make sure things are packed well. These idiots only put some masking tape to the base of the chair, even though I asked them to cover it with cardboard, that is why the cap got lost.