Contact to Car Wash owner at North Coast

locofoto

Aug 18, 2004
Hi!

Does anybody know the owner of some typical Dominican Car Wash at the North Coast or Santiago? A car wash that has a disco attached.

I would like to include that phenomenon in my photographic work I'm doing here.

sweetdbt

Bronze
Sep 17, 2004
Why?

locofoto said:
Hi!

Does anybody know the owner of some typical Dominican Car Wash at the North Coast or Santiago? A car wash that has a disco attached.

I would like to include that phenomenon in my photographic work I'm doing here.

I know from your previous posts that you are doing a professional shoot, but just how elaborate will your setup be? I've taken lots of pics at carwashes, and certainly never needed permission from the owner.

In Puerto Plata there is Patio de Johnny, just off the carretera, and another one on Avenida Duarte, I believe the name is Ojives, or something similar.

Unless you need to set up special lighting or other equipment, I don't see why you would need to know the owner. I guess depending on what they are used for, individual releases from subjects may be in order, as anywhere.

locofoto

Aug 18, 2004
Hi!

Thanks for the reply. My concern was just this: I work with a SLR and a handle mounted flash. That isn't something that can be hidden easily like a point-and-shoot camera. It's clear to anyone that there is something more going on than just a guy snapping some candids of his new girlfriend.

The basic idea is to document what's the Dominican Car Wash about and doing it with really good photographs. As we all know here on DR1 ... it's a bit more than just a place to have your car washed...

Btw: do you want to join me? Maybe we can have some fun :)

Simon & Nicky

Bronze
Feb 3, 2004
www.simon-hall.co.uk
Sosua Car Wash is having a roof installed.

Sosua car wash (opp. International school) really rocks on a Sunday night. They have a stage area and live bands - right now they would appear to be putting a roof over the whole venue. It's a really strange place! Well worth a few photos.