Travel - How far is Santiago from Puerto Plata?

mobilejewlz

Oct 28, 2004
The flights are cheaper but could I take a taxi to Puerto Plata or other transportation?

Thanks,
MobileJewlz

mobilejewlz

Oct 28, 2004
Jimmydr said:
Taxi will run about $40 each way. Bus will be about $3 plus taxi to airport.

Wow! really? So, a taxi is a little reasonable. Do you know how long the travel time is?

Thanks,
MobileJewlz

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
A lot depends on just where you are going

And I think that $40 is a little on the cheap side. There is a lady that gives very good service for $50. There is a driver right there at the airport that has a nice new VW VAn that will do the job for $50 but, and this is important, to Playa Dorada. Sosua is more expensive and Cabarete is still more expensive. So tell us just where you are going and I can email you some contact numbers or email addies.

HB :D

I forgot to add that if you get in early enough you can taxi in to town (RD$450 or so-$15?) and get a Caribe Tours or Metro Bus (they are both on the same block) to Puerto Plata. Caribe Torus goes to Sosua, also. A LOT cheaper...More money for beer!

Jimmydr

Bronze
Apr 17, 2003
www.insearchofchicas.org
Hillbilly said:
And I think that $40 is a little on the cheap side. There is a lady that gives very good service for $50. There is a driver right there at the airport that has a nice new VW VAn that will do the job for $50 but, and this is important, to Playa Dorada. Sosua is more expensive and Cabarete is still more expensive. So tell us just where you are going and I can email you some contact numbers or email addies.

HB :D

I forgot to add that if you get in early enough you can taxi in to town (RD$450 or so-$15?) and get a Caribe Tours or Metro Bus (they are both on the same block) to Puerto Plata. Caribe Torus goes to Sosua, also. A LOT cheaper...More money for beer!

If you cut thru the mountains, Caberete is just as far as Sosua, therefore should be the same price.

snoops12

Nov 8, 2004
Is it better to take the bus?

...or is a taxi a better way to travel if I was coming from Santiago?