Beware Travellers, Malaria!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chica7

Sep 27, 2004
I just wanted to let travellers to the Dominican Republic know that there has been a recent outbreak of Malaria in the country. Many tourists have become infected with the potentially fatal virus, please make sure that you use personal insect protective measures against mosquito bites and take a course of the drug chloroquine prophylaxisis before, during and after your trip. The province La Altagracia, and the southeastern part of the country, area around Punta Cana and Bavaro are the highest risk areas, but it is recommended that all travellers protect themselves. I myself am still going next week, but just wanted to let everybody know, be safe and have fun, if any questions let me know

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Chica7 said:
I just wanted to let travellers to the Dominican Republic know that there has been a recent outbreak of Malaria in the country. Many tourists have become infected with the potentially fatal virus, please make sure that you use personal insect protective measures against mosquito bites and take a course of the drug chloroquine prophylaxisis before, during and after your trip. The province La Altagracia, and the southeastern part of the country, area around Punta Cana and Bavaro are the highest risk areas, but it is recommended that all travellers protect themselves. I myself am still going next week, but just wanted to let everybody know, be safe and have fun, if any questions let me know

"Many tourists have become infected".
This is not true! Please name your source for this claim?

Feel free to post it in the thread below or PM or email the info.

Current Malaria thread:

http://www.dr1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36395

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.